• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, comicquant said:

I was just going to say, that may be the one post that keeps SC22 away 

I also workout and have been into martial arts (karate and aikido) for over 2 decades. I am happy to see when others take care of themselves it's a good thing for sure. I always believed in a balance of healthy brain and healthy body. But I also know that usually over time the brain wins (then it gives up over time to) and the body gives up. But always enjoy it while you still can and keep it in the best shape you can. I have seen this time and time again over the years and it is sad to see. A lot of martial artists I know aged and they sit in a wheelchair just looking at others working out. Maybe that makes them happy I don't know I never wanted to bother them so I never asked.

Edited by SC22

3 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I've always wondered if and when those books were going to be sold.  Oh, and who was so lucky to own that many copies!

He built a 3000 square foot display “room” for lack of better words. He’s a super collector here in the south (a few know him well). I had the honor some 15 years ago being invited to his estate and spent an entire day marveling at his collection. He used to buy cases of figures from me in the 90s (that’s how we met). He has vintage sw, Mego figures (Star Trek, pota, wgsh). Major Matt mason. Bionic man. Tons of 1960s remco...tonka...he still gets all the Sideshow and hot toys from me each month. And of course Spider-Man (sy Winnie has a better collection but His is pretty awesome. He has all the larami and ahi spidey Stuff etc)

he came from “old” money I think. Tons of 1960s and 70s Comics but no real golden age interest. Just stuff he grew up with to present. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I'm not even going to bother commenting on any of this garbage. The next several pages would be evidence to the contrary but let's keep this thread restricted to AF15 talk.

I'll leave your statement with just a video. Show me how well Frank could play the guitar and/or piano. Neither.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Elvis will always be the King (thumbsu

54 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Is this auction legit? AF15 CGC 5.0 at 48 900$....reserve not met with less than 2 days to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-5-0-UNRESTORED-OLD-LABEL/222702438954?hash=item33da198a2a:g:nOYAAOSwRrlZ72hq

Looks legit. Also, 50K for a 5.0 (added that it is a sharp old label copy ) seems inline with current pricing.

Edited by Gotham Kid

If the reserve is indeed high, it tells me that the owner wants to see how far the current market will go without having the risk of discovering it's a bit low for their taste and wallet.  Maybe the Owner doesn't really want to sell but wants information. 

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

If the reserve is indeed high, it tells me that the owner wants to see how far the current market will go without having the risk of discovering it's a bit low for their taste and wallet.  Maybe the Owner doesn't really want to sell but wants information. 

Owner has offered the book on eBay for $115,000

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Unless he has two copies with the same serial number, he has the the same book in an auction format but with a reserve.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-5-0-UNRESTORED-OLD-LABEL/222702438954?hash=item33da198a2a:g:nOYAAOSwRrlZ72hq

You need to drink the kool aid in order to buy this book at the reserve.