• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coppers to buy before they explode

455 posts in this topic

That Peter Porker is hilarious. Any time I was searching back-issue bins when Peter Panzerfaust was blowing up, I ran across those...

Man of Steel #18s have been pretty easy to find and are usually high-grade after all these years...

Darkhawk #1s have been easy to find but looks like they are only selling well in high-grade. The ones I've found have been pretty beat up...

I can't believe there is so much debate over Marvel Age issues. I love it. Reminds me of the debates from old copper age threads. :cloud9:

I see them all the time in $1 boxes and never thought once to pick one up.

I would never keep one for my PC because I don't personally believe they're worth collecting, but would

love to sell one for a big profit to those who do.

I'm selling my Hulk 377 third print for the same reason. I don't give a hoot for variants or later prints of any kind and scarcity of a book for it's own sake means nothing to me, but for those who like this dreck I will be willing to serve that market. I will gladly trade my $1 purchase for your $200 or $300 dollars.

Please don't confuse me with some newb. I just provide information and it is up to the individual what they do with the information. For Marvel Age issues I would just buy it and flip it.

My comments were not directed at you, but generally to anyone out there that feels the need to pay big bucks for variants. Please keep doing it --- I need the money that I'm getting from these $1 finds.

I can't believe there is so much debate over Marvel Age issues. I love it. Reminds me of the debates from old copper age threads. :cloud9:

I would never keep one for my PC because I don't personally believe they're worth collecting, but would

I'm selling my Hulk 377 third print for the same reason. I don't give a hoot for variants or later prints of any kind and scarcity of a book for it's own sake means nothing to me, but for those who like this dreck I will be willing to serve that market. I will gladly trade my $1 purchase for your $200 or $300 dollars.

Please don't confuse me with some newb.

Noob.

Please don't confuse me with some newb. I just provide information and it is up to the individual what they do with the information. For Marvel Age issues I would just buy it and flip it.

My comments were not directed at you, but generally to anyone out there that feels the need to pay big bucks for variants. Please keep doing it --- I need the money that I'm getting from these $1 finds.

What you collect is awesome btw.

Noob.

N00bs scolding n00bs. :luhv:

Noob.

N00bs scolding n00bs. :luhv:

:whatev: Whatever n00b. lol

:headbang: Newbie looking at his Paypal account after selling CGC-graded

books for net profit of $2000 dollars that were purchased for about $25.

Congrats, pretty unfathomable. Im sure noone with $3+ books has ever thought of or achieved such blessed riches. Make way for a true pioneer.

Congrats, pretty unfathomable. Im sure noone with $3+ books has ever thought of or achieved such blessed riches. Make way for a true pioneer.

lol

lol

Noobs rule! Because they go where veterans fear to tread.

All for $1 apiece except Superman-related were 50 cents each:

Action Comics 684 (4 copies)

Amazing Spider-man 344 (2 copies)

Captain America 360 (2 copies)

Darkhawk 1

Destroyer Duck 1

Incredible Hulk 377 (3rd print)

JLA 69 (3 copies)

New Mutants 100 (2 copies)

Superman Man of Steel 17

Superman Man of Steel 18 (1st print)

Superman Man of Steel 18 (3rd print)

Superman Man of Steel 19 (2 copies)

Superman 74 (2 copies 1st print)

Superman 74 (third print)

Superman 75 (7 copies. One newstand and one 4th print)

Thor 337

Thor 411 (2 copies)

Thor 412

Uncanny X-Men 282

X-Factor 24

X-Force 11 (2 copies)

lol

Noobs rule! Because they go where veterans fear to tread.

All for $1 apiece except Superman-related were 50 cents each:

Action Comics 684 (4 copies)

Amazing Spider-man 344 (2 copies)

Captain America 360 (2 copies)

Darkhawk 1

Destroyer Duck 1

Incredible Hulk 377 (3rd print)

JLA 69 (3 copies)

New Mutants 100 (2 copies)

Superman Man of Steel 17

Superman Man of Steel 18 (1st print)

Superman Man of Steel 18 (3rd print)

Superman 74 (2 copies 1st print)

Superman 74 (third print)

Superman 75 (7 copies. One newstand and one 4th print)

Thor 337

Thor 411 (2 copies)

Thor 412

Uncanny X-Men 282

X-Factor 24

X-Force 11 (2 copies)

plus $400 of grading fees. So a 5 to 1 return on your investment. I bought 9 copies of nowhere men 3 for $3 per and also made 5x my investment.

I think people are happy for your success, but if you're looking for people to be impressed...

I don't think you get to 2k on those books if they were all graded 9.8 for free and shipped for free and came with a talking frog.

$2k profit, so that's AFTER $400 in grading fees.

The Juggernaut is by no means a noob, and one of the best sellers on the Boards (thumbs u

Congrats, pretty unfathomable. Im sure no one with $3+ books has ever thought of or achieved such blessed riches. Make way for a true pioneer.

:roflmao:

I don't think you get to 2k on those books if they were all graded 9.8 for free and shipped for free and came with a talking frog.

well, that weighs heavily on two factors:

A. What kinda frog are we talking about? If its Just a regular frog probably not. But I really like the ones with the big red eyes and bellies. Also, can I lick it and trip balls? If I do is he gonna give me a bunch of lip about it and or tell on me? These things matter.

B. Also, what kind of things does the frog say/how extensive is his vocabulary? A few corny words or phrases isnt going to get you to 2k. Now if he can hold a conversation or at the very least cuss like a sailor, I mmigt be in.