• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 129 --GRADED--

44 posts in this topic

This is another craigslist find. Paid $265 and I think I got a steal. But I'll know when it gets back from CGC. There is some light foxing on the bottom of the cover and on the back cover. Not sure how much of a grade hit that will cause. I'm thinking this is a 7.5

Hoping it's an 8.

Someone in another thread thinks they see color touch on the spine. I don't see it, but let me know if you do.

I'll know for sure when it gets back from CGC.

AmazingSpider-Man129_zpsa799826a.jpeg

AmazingSpider-Man129back_zpsda9947eb.jpeg

harder, it is after all mold.

I find this hard to ghrade on the white background. My eyes just are not what they used to be. I will say you are looking at a 6.0-7.0

**edited after zooming in in photobucket.

8.0 would be amazing. Would be happy with a 7.0

The colors really pop. I'm hoping the foxing makes it less likely that someone would have done any restoration on it. The pawn shop that had it said they've had it in their safe for 3 years.

Just got back from the post office to send it CGC so I'll know in a month hopefully.

Just hope there's no Resto, as from the scan, that looks like a 7.0-8.0.

But resto would be killer, so good luck.

Someone in the garage sale/flea market/antique store find thread said they think they see color touch along the spine. I don't see it, but does anyone else? I think what he thinks is color touch is actually just some foxing.

I'll know for sure when it gets back from CGC.

I find this hard to ghrade on the white background. My eyes just are not what they used to be. I will say you are looking at a 7.0-7.5

+1

If there is any ct on this book then the scan isn't picking it up. I don't know how hard CGC slams foxing but also on the bc bottom spine, I don't know if that is discoloration or a chip. The bc top spine seems to have some activity also, or maybe discoloration as well,... hard to tell.

Pretty book, but I'm thinking 7.0

I find this hard to ghrade on the white background. My eyes just are not what they used to be. I will say you are looking at a 7.0-7.5

+1

If there is any ct on this book then the scan isn't picking it up. I don't know how hard CGC slams foxing but also on the bc bottom spine, I don't know if that is discoloration or a chip. The bc top spine seems to have some activity also, or maybe discoloration as well,... hard to tell.

Pretty book, but I'm thinking 7.0

The back cover bottom corner does have a chip. There's a tiny piece hanging off. Definitely the most damaged part of the book.

Happy to find that you guys aren't picking up any evidence of color touch.

Nice copy Red! I think this book will grade at 7.0 IMHO! Not what you want to hear, but that is what I think, sorry. I could not detect any colour touch along the spine so I pretty sure you're getting a blue label but the best test is book in hand!

Good luck with the grading. Keep us posted and post some pics once it's slabbed!smiley-gen130.gif

Nice copy Red! I think this book will grade at 7.0 IMHO! Not what you want to hear, but that is what I think, sorry. I could not detect any colour touch along the spine so I pretty sure you're getting a blue label but the best test is book in hand!

Good luck with the grading. Keep us posted and post some pics once it's slabbed!smiley-gen130.gif

+1

this guy knows his stuff!