• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman 232

22 posts in this topic

Looks better than most of the 8.5 on the HA site. :(

Sorry it didn't get any higher Mike. Did you have it pressed or dry cleaned? Maybe that could have made the difference? (shrug)

Hi timern,

No pressing or dry cleaning. I'm not a fan of buying pressed books, so I wouldn't have that done to books I submit for grading. Wouldn't dry cleaning a book put it in the "restored" category?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

According to the latest acceptable procedures "dry cleaning and pressing" are not considered restoration. My personal opinion is that I don't think of pressing and dry cleaning as restoration, not even preservation. More like maintenance?

I think your book still presents nicer than most of the HA examples. Did you get the graders notes by chance? From some of the notes I've seen they seem very "poor or scarce" when it comes to details or descriptions.

Cheers!

Tim

Looks like a crease upper right front cover by Robin going towards the N in Batman.

I'm not seeing anything on either of the scans - raw or CGC? Maybe Mike could confirm?

Looks like a crease upper right front cover by Robin going towards the N in Batman.

I'm not seeing anything on either of the scans - raw or CGC? Maybe Mike could confirm?

Cuts through the black right above the red in N.

The yellow in Robins cape.