• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
34 34

6,514 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2024 at 9:56 PM, PopKulture said:

Call me crazy, but it looks like Ditko doing Baker.  :canofworms:

I always thought it was Ditko as well, and he was always a Charlton Boy. I'll go to my grave believing it is at least inked by Sturdy Steve. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Two points of interest

The only other artist besides Ditko, who did pant cuff regions like this, is Jerry Robinson, Ditko's teacher at the school of visual arts.

DITKOa.jpg

If this is Baker, why do they look EXACTLY like Sally and Flash Thompson from Peter Parker's HS days.... or Ned Leeds?

DITKOb.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 1/19/2024 at 12:36 PM, jimjum12 said:

I always thought it was Ditko as well, and he was always a Charlton Boy. I'll go to my grave believing it is at least inked by Sturdy Steve. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Two points of interest

The only other artist besides Ditko, who did pant cuff regions like this, is Jerry Robinson, Ditko's teacher at the school of visual arts.

DITKOa.jpg

If this is Baker, why do they look EXACTLY like Sally and Flash Thompson from Peter Parker's HS days.... or Ned Leeds?

DITKOb.jpg

Thank you! Those are EXACTLY my two chief points as well, to the letter! 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:21 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Love Romances 80 - also only 2 on the census, the highest being a 7.5. Heath cover, with Baker (layouts), Maneely, Pike: what a lineup.

LR80F.jpg

I've noticed so many of these books have Colletta, Pike and other amazing artists. Hidden gems . . .