• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,447 posts in this topic

Cindy 37 BIN'd at a very respectable...$588! Congrats to the seller, a boardie who nailed this one.

Cindy37f_zpshzx9uzch.jpg

$588 for a ragged copy like that does seem exorbitant, theoretically it would make a 2.0 worth around $1500-$2000, but as we all know, for high demand, harder to find books it doesn't always work that way.

That's for sure.

Ebay news

there's a Teen-Age Romance 9 slabbed 8.0 up for 10K. 18 watchers, I would imagine some of us. Originating from Eugene. Seller apparently is Ryan Elliot, whose name came up on the boards again recently. Something about a suit based on fraud and conflicts of interest.

PGX in hot water?

I have been watching it and even made an offer on it. Somehow missed it was Ryan Elliot selling it. doh!

Buy it, send it off to CGC ... and hold your breath! :D

Candle in the wind. We hardly knew ya.

Off topic, gents. Just started a long threatened silver romance thread. Your contributions of course are most welcome!

Silver? What is this "silver" of which you speak so blithely? hm

Ebay news

Cindy 37 BIN'd at a very respectable...$588! Congrats to the seller, a boardie who nailed this one.

Cindy37f_zpshzx9uzch.jpg

and

there's a Teen-Age Romance 9 slabbed 8.0 up for 10K. 18 watchers, I would imagine some of us. Originating from Eugene. Seller apparently is Ryan Elliot, whose name came up on the boards again recently. Something about a suit based on fraud and conflicts of interest.

PGX in hot water?

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions.asp&id=1056831

866c824f-0cac-4634-9789-ce6640b07150_zps74d3f5b2.jpg
I need one of these :cry:

Harley Yee had a copy a couple of months ago. Not sure whether he sold it. Said he was thinking of getting it graded first. Looked to me to be in the 6.0 range.

Candle in the wind. We hardly knew ya.

Off topic, gents. Just started a long threatened silver romance thread. Your contributions of course are most welcome!

Silver? What is this "silver" of which you speak so blithely? hm

I know right? lol

the place from which the phantom stranger springs forth :baiting: how is it that some of us have so much (full run) while others so little? (not even a full set of saved images of said run)

btw whenever you show that Marilyn TAD 6 slab I am reminded of the big roll of the dice you took buying this on ebay - a grandpa's book from the attic special that didn't end up going for a low low price. Here's to the gambles that pay off! :headbang:

Yep. It was about the waviest book (with the curviest cover model!) I'd ever seen. Joey flattened it considerably but it's still got a bit of a wave, which I think brought the grade down because it otherwise looks like a 9.2.

Of course, every one of my raw books looks like at least a 9.2 to me. :D

p.s. I would put the first PS run in the GA. :sumo:

I know, I know...Mystery Men (1999)...where's my NoPrize?

I'll drive up from San Diego and deliver it to your house - can I see the 5,000? and you didn't keep them in the original bags with their sticker prices did you? Sometimes I think you're pulling our legs about those low low prices :baiting: