• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,446 posts in this topic

I know, I know...Mystery Men (1999)...where's my NoPrize?

I'll drive up from San Diego and deliver it to your house - can I see the 5,000? and you didn't keep them in the original bags with their sticker prices did you? Sometimes I think you're pulling our legs about those low low prices :baiting:

You can't drive "up" to my house because I live in the Phoenix area. It would be more like "over" to my house and then to the bunker, but you are welcome any time. No original stickers, but I have the original price written on the back of the mylar for all gold comics and some silver. If I didn't record the price, it was either free or 5 or 10 cents or original cover price. Oh, and admission to the bunker is one nice Baker book that I don't have yet... :baiting:

Edited by tricolorbrian

I know, I know...Mystery Men (1999)...where's my NoPrize?

I'll drive up from San Diego and deliver it to your house - can I see the 5,000? and you didn't keep them in the original bags with their sticker prices did you? Sometimes I think you're pulling our legs about those low low prices :baiting:

You can't drive "up" to my house because I live in the Phoenix area. It would be more like "over" to my house and then to the bunker, but you are welcome any time. No original stickers, but I have the original price written on the back of the mylar for all gold comics and some silver. If I didn't record the price, it was either free or 5 or 10 cents or original cover price. Oh, and admission to the bunker is one nice Baker book that I don't have yet... :baiting:

It's actually over and up! :sumo:

yeh I was confused - I didn't think a reptile expert would be living in LA, but I seemed to remember something about you seeing guys at cons. Thank you for the invite, for a collection like yours I just might make the trip! just to get my mind blown about the purchase prices! and books :cloud9:

where's that want list again? lol

Cool books, Doc!

Is that Army Motors and Eisner cover?

Thanks AS. No, no Eisner until March '44 for the Joe Dope cf and Connie Rodd's Bulletin Board and other scattered graphics. The first Eisner cover was March '45.

btw, here's the bc to that Dec 1941book. Wicked cool.

ArmyMotorsv29bc100_zpsqnifwtva.jpg

And Eisner eventually going to the head of the class, as usual.

ArmyMotorsv512fc100_zps0d7e8566.jpg

That's a fantastic snow scene regardless of who drew it. :applause:

I make a home for comics banished to the Island of Misfit Toys. aka romance and...promos!

Jo-JoyPinchHittingPenguins1949fc100_zps5b4e7a08.jpg

BusterBrown01fc100_zps4236a483.jpg

AdventuresofSupermannnf2c100_zps3d45b245.jpg

ModelFunMay1955c100_zpscaae0ffd.jpg

TomMix7f100_zps7cdaebf7.jpg

baltcoltsf_zps1aac6a9f.jpg

PS60fc100_zps430a4905.jpg

BobbyGetsHepfc100_zpsbfc3613a.jpg

AdventuresinSciencefc100_zps93a27e7c.jpg

ArmyMotorsv29fc100_zps7f6bf16b.jpg

ArchiesMechanics01fc100_zps9eb964f3.jpg

fireandblastf100_zps7841985d.jpg

Great stuff! Post more!

I recently picked up a lower grade raw copy of that Archie's Mechanics. Fun book.

As you know, Promos have a home here on the boards, though the thread often drops off the first few pages. Boot, Esquire, Bo, Robot Man, and others have a long history of collecting these fascinating books and items. Boot in particular is a maven on the subject.

Promo thread

It's a great thread, I recommend it highly. I rise from my slumbers from time to time and contribute there as well. I went off topic here because, well because of Bob! and Brian! :baiting:

Yes, very strong price for the condition, but a true rarity and highly coveted. As many of you know, I have the 1-3, but sat this one out. Congrats to the winner!