• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

dh4hf9.jpg

2ajb412.jpg

Probably the highest graded, if you were to go that route.

David T. has a 6.5 on ebay (it sits and sits there). Are you saying mine would grade higher than his?

I think so, but you have it in hand. There is also a 7.5 on the census. So I was thinking, yours was at least an 8.0. But, then, I'm a generous grader. :D

You gotta READ the listing... :roflmao:

Who knew they would make a postcard out of that obscure book? lol

Enjoy your postcard...what a maroon...nyuk, nyuk... :baiting:

I have your address. Maybe I'll mail it to you ... postage due!

You gotta READ the listing... :roflmao:

Who knew they would make a postcard out of that obscure book? lol

I bought a cigarette holder to use as a wallet that had Captain Science #4 on the front, so it doesn't surprise me lol

Outstanding books posted!

Brian, that's quite a show. Two of the four big ACG's, and that Confessions 53 is one of the nicest copies I have seen. The census is sparse on this issue.

Search for Love 2 is much harder to come by than #1, and your #1 is very nice as well. We want our Crippens to keep their troubles, if any, on the flip side, and your copy does that as well as any I've seen.

The Love Journal 10 - fantastic! Great shape, that single staple is always a bit of a problem. That's a big get, this book just does not come around too often at all.

And the Love Romances 40 - now that's one heck of a book. I think I know the Atlas line up and down, but I can't recall seeing this before. It's just gorgeous, on the want list now.

Great books Duke, as usual. Love that Hartley in particular, and the cat fight Romantic Hearts is always a hoot to see. Nice EC buddy! I think that's my favorite of the line.

Sqeggs, I bid on that Atlas but I wasn't strong enough. Can't work it like the old days, when I would have snatched that up at that price without looking back for an instant. Nice score, he's a good seller. If he's at the Con I'm going to look him up.

I dug this out today. I've had it for a while and have no idea if it's a rare book or not, but it's a nice Baker book and I'm glad to own it. I have a couple more and will post them when I get around to take pics of them.

DSC_0001%20857x1280_zpspd2t0duc.jpg

I dug this out today. I've had it for a while and have no idea if it's a rare book or not, but it's a nice Baker book and I'm glad to own it. I have a couple more and will post them when I get around to take pics of them.

I've seen a few of those for sale in the last year or so, but that's a really nice-looking copy. Congrats!

I've seen a few of those for sale in the last year or so, but that's a really nice-looking copy. Congrats!

Thank you! That's good to know. This one is the nicest of the three I have.

It's late from Baker's St. John period, but it's one of my favorites and pretty tough to find in mid-grade and up.

It's late from Baker's St. John period, but it's one of my favorites and pretty tough to find in mid-grade and up.

Cheers! I appreciate the information. (thumbs u

Outstanding books posted!

Brian, that's quite a show. Two of the four big ACG's, and that Confessions 53 is one of the nicest copies I have seen. The census is sparse on this issue.

Search for Love 2 is much harder to come by than #1, and your #1 is very nice as well. We want our Crippens to keep their troubles, if any, on the flip side, and your copy does that as well as any I've seen.

The Love Journal 10 - fantastic! Great shape, that single staple is always a bit of a problem. That's a big get, this book just does not come around too often at all.

And the Love Romances 40 - now that's one heck of a book. I think I know the Atlas line up and down, but I can't recall seeing this before. It's just gorgeous, on the want list now.

Thanks for the kind words Dr. I don't have much, but I'm trying...BTW, I've had that Love Journal since the mid-90s. Got it from the large Asian fellow who used to send out a nice catalog. I think he's named after a motorcycle... hm

As for the Love Romances 40, I saw it first in this very thread and set out to find one. A nice boardie had one and sold it to me for a very reasonable price.

I really like these two covers. The fact that they're consecutive issues is purely incidental. I've

had the #50 for several years, but the #49 just recently turned up.

lovers49_zps75iiikxw.jpg

lovers50_zpsfjyi94wv.jpg

Great stuff!

I've shown this before, but here it is again for those who didn't see it. I love this cover...and we all know there are only two Love Romances books worth having...and I have both of them. :baiting:

2qbhb41.jpg

You know I bought a copy of this issue off a well-known dealer at a con. He had it graded as a VF+. Of course, I didn't bother to take it out of the bag and really look at it until I got it home and realized that it had a pretty good sized water stain on the back cover. :cry:

I did mange to bargain him down some on price, although I still overpaid given the true condition of the book. Still looks great from the front, though! :D