• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

I was able to scan JVJ's copy of this a few years ago, along with the 25 and 27. Frazetta's work is absolutely stunning on these.

Wow, just killer stuff - thanks so much for taking the time to scan these, Eric.

A cool recent pick-up. I don't know how rare it is but the silver metallic cover really grabbed my eye...

comlovediary1_zpsxz1j2ss7.jpg

That's pretty cool, Bob - those silver metallic covers were expensive to produce I believe, which is why they aren't too common (e.g., Silver Streak Comics). Looks like they wanted to get the first issue off to a good start.

a couple of recent acquisitions from across the pond...anyone ever seen a #13? GCD says it doesn't exist, but it is listed in Overstreet. #14 exists. These 2 are #10 and #11.

f11rfh.jpg

l74k4k.jpg

a couple of recent acquisitions from across the pond...anyone ever seen a #13? GCD says it doesn't exist, but it is listed in Overstreet. #14 exists. These 2 are #10 and #11.

f11rfh.jpg

l74k4k.jpg

Very nice! New ones on me.

f11rfh.jpg

l74k4k.jpg

Those are great the second one has a Baker feel to it .

Those are great the second one has a Baker feel to it .

Definitely. Very nice!

I never noticed that as concerns GCD. Interesting. Looking into the change history logs, apparently the "team" had doubts about #13 since 2002 or before. They also apparently haven't updated in accordance with Michelle Nolan's book. Which I don't have in front of me, since I'm on the road.

But I did access Dan Stevenson's romance list, which is on the web, and which was The Romance Database before it got updated and codified with Nolan's book. It says 6 issues for Diary Confessions, 9-14. If Dan said it, and Nolan's book still says it, then there is no question about it. It's been eyeballed by one of the two and does exist.

Me - I've never seen it personally. But that's true for thousands of romance books. I can tell you Stanmore is tough. Those are some nice issues you've got there, fett. Of this title, I like #14 a whole lot too.