• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

Outstanding books posted!

Brian, that's quite a show. Two of the four big ACG's, and that Confessions 53 is one of the nicest copies I have seen. The census is sparse on this issue.

Search for Love 2 is much harder to come by than #1, and your #1 is very nice as well. We want our Crippens to keep their troubles, if any, on the flip side, and your copy does that as well as any I've seen.

The Love Journal 10 - fantastic! Great shape, that single staple is always a bit of a problem. That's a big get, this book just does not come around too often at all.

And the Love Romances 40 - now that's one heck of a book. I think I know the Atlas line up and down, but I can't recall seeing this before. It's just gorgeous, on the want list now.

Thanks for the kind words Dr. I don't have much, but I'm trying...BTW, I've had that Love Journal since the mid-90s. Got it from the large Asian fellow who used to send out a nice catalog. I think he's named after a motorcycle... hm

As for the Love Romances 40, I saw it first in this very thread and set out to find one. A nice boardie had one and sold it to me for a very reasonable price.

George Yamaha. Whatever happened to him? hm

I think George still does cons. He usually can be found sitting at his booth. He's pretty friendly, however not very talkative. If he gets tired of answering your questions he will just turn his back on you and fold his arms... :eyeroll:

That's not George, that's Gator!

I really like these two covers. The fact that they're consecutive issues is purely incidental. I've

had the #50 for several years, but the #49 just recently turned up.

lovers49_zps75iiikxw.jpg

lovers50_zpsfjyi94wv.jpg

Great stuff!

Love them both

I really like these two covers. The fact that they're consecutive issues is purely incidental. I've

lovers49_zps75iiikxw.jpg

This cover by Jay Scott Pike is quite beautiful, with lovely stipple technique. I must find a copy.

Brought this baby into the fold this week :cloud9:

Tied with the Crippen copy for 2nd place behind a lonely 9.2 (worship)

modernlove2_f.jpg

Nice Romance run to tackle. :applause: Thinking about taking a crack at it myself, once i'm done with the series i'm chasing now.

lovers49_zps75iiikxw.jpg

This cover by Jay Scott Pike is quite beautiful, with lovely stipple technique. I must find a copy.

Well, good luck! (I can say that, and mean it, now that I've found myself a copy!)

A high grade copy would be a real thing of beauty. Does anyone have one? (Dr. Love?)

I wish
:o

Don't have a copy either but here's another Pike with same effects a little later in the same run - Granted # 49 is a better cover with the close-up

Lovers58.jpg

Btw, that's the 2nd infantry division insignia. Pike himself was in the Marines during WW II, not the army.

I love the above covers and hope to be lucky enough to find a high grade gem. Moody and timeless covers. While we are on the subject of rare romance comics - I wanted to share the below new acquisition of mine, which is currently in transit to me via Canada. Never saw this cover before but for obvious reason I had to have it.

$_57.JPG

I love the above covers and hope to be lucky enough to find a high grade gem. Moody and timeless covers. While we are on the subject of rare romance comics - I wanted to share the below new acquisition of mine, which is currently in transit to me via Canada. Never saw this cover before but for obvious reason I had to have it.

$_57.JPG

Neat. Hap seems to be heating up these days.

I wish

Don't have a copy either but here's another Pike with same effects a little later in the same run - Granted # 49 is a better cover with the close-up

Lovers58.jpg

Btw, that's the 2nd infantry division insignia. Pike himself was in the Marines during WW II, not the army.

It appears that measles was very common back then... :insane:

I wish

Lovers58.jpg

I have another issue with a similar technique buried in a stack somewhere at home. I'll try & dig it up.