• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"I know you can do it"...

51 posts in this topic

The internet was lagging so my bids were off by about 5 seconds... and in those 5 seconds the lots would end. Highly disappointed! :censored:

The same thing happened to me - and although I got the book that I really wanted - it cost me a few hundred extra.

I didn't win anything. :( We'll see if I bid on anything tomorrow...

My one win. I've always liked this cover ... whoever it may be by. Was really torn about going higher on the Cap 70, but in the end I didn't.

lf_zpsa3c865ee.jpeg

Cool cover! Most likely Rudy Palais.

My one win. I've always liked this cover ... whoever it may be by. Was really torn about going higher on the Cap 70, but in the end I didn't.

lf_zpsa3c865ee.jpeg

The internet was lagging so my bids were off by about 5 seconds... and in those 5 seconds the lots would end. Highly disappointed! :censored:

The same thing happened to me - and although I got the book that I really wanted - it cost me a few hundred extra.

The auctioneer would be saying, "All in.. all through?" and my bid buttons had already disappeared off the screen so I could not bid any further. REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!

lf_zpsa3c865ee.jpeg

That is a great cover!

My HA Live bids went through immediately and in sync with the audio.

Cool cover! Most likely Rudy Palais.

lf_zpsa3c865ee.jpeg

Palais would make sense.

I sent Dino a congrats text. :)

Hello all…I appreciate your texts, Ben!

Thanks to everyone here for watching/bidding on my Heritage books. I'll be pleased knowing that a few of these books will land with fellow boardies. Congrats to the new owners, wherever you may be...

12662972663_1cf85b989c_z.jpg

Hey Gator :hi: congrats on your winning streak…I'll bet a couple of books are returning back home to you. Did you win the Thrilling #5?

I actually saw the Heritage auction in person (first time for me) and had an incredible time!

Happy collecting all and enjoy the books! (thumbs u

Dino

lf_zpsa3c865ee.jpeg

That is a great cover!

Thanks. Not quite as striking as Great Comics 3, but definitely less expensive!

I've won every book I've wanted, so something is going good right now...

The ONE book I really wanted, and knew I would have to overpay for, went for even more than I was willing to overpay :cry:

what was it (shrug)

Wonderworld 7 4.0 OWW

Too bad about that huge spine split book looked great.

So the one book I had my heart set on was what seemed to be 15 minutes away from coming up. I took a business phone call, thinking no problem getting back to it in time for the Shock Illustrated 3. Looked up some things for my client on the phone and went back to the auction just in time to see the last item, a Yellow Kid statue end and people starting to get up from their seats. The book went for about $600 less than I was willing to go, but who knows how it would have turned out. I'm bummed. Sigh. These weekday daytime auctions are a real pain when you have real work to do.d