• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished IC #6... <spoilers>

412 posts in this topic

Read it. Awesome stuff. I don't think Atom is the killer either. Every issue has pointed to someone different as the killer. Why would they reveal it now? It will be revealed in Issue #7. Hopefully, they'll finish up the Green Arrow/Deathstroke grudge-match as well. Slade obviously feels there's some unfinished business.

Can't believe they mind-wiped Batman. If/when he finds out, he's going to go nuts. 893whatthe.gif

I agree with a lot of people here that the Atom probably isn't the killer, but is being set up. It just doesn't make sense that it'd be him...the motive isn't there. I think I'm going to reread #1-6 again tonight to see if there are some clues that I've missed. I have no idea who it is, but this series rocks!

Okay, I just sat down and thoroughly read the issue.

Calculator:

Telephone conversation seems to indicate that he is innocent of doing more than setting up Boomerang with the job.

Merlyn - Deadshot - Monocle.

Unlikely suspects.

Luthor & Amanda Waller

Luthor may no longer be in power but it seems he and his former cabinet members still have connections.

"Deadshot called Waller, Waller called Luthor -- and Luthor called his old White House Counsel boys, who're all now doing white collar defense work, God bless their loafers."

Suicide Squad connections from earlier in the series seem to be ignored. At one point I thought that Amanda Waller was the orchestrator, that's not impossible, but we haven't seen her, but she has been mentioned.

A seach of links between the Atom and the Suicide Squad revealed the following:

A third Atom, Adam Cray, appeared in the pages of Suicide Squad. Cray was widely believed to be Palmer in disguise, and was murdered for that reason.

and

When the second Atom needed to disappear for a while, he gave government agent Adam Cray the equipment needed to shrink to near-microscopic size. Cray joined the Suicide Squad where he served for a few missions before being killed by a shrunken villain who thought he was Ray Palmer.

So far we've been dealing with people switching bodies, discovering secret identities, mind-wiping. Looking at Ray Palmer in the last two pages of the story there's something not quite right - there's something about his eyes that looks off.

Is that Cray? Back for revenge? Or the villain that killed him?

Yes, I'm fishing for possibilities.

mad.gif

Not funny!

sumo.gif

No its not but the biggest twist of all would be to have sue fake her death! Maybey they mindwiped Sue to forget the rape! She later recovers memories and gets pissed. Using technologies at her disposal she causes havok.

It was her buying the Luthor Armour at begining!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You had me until you spelled "armor" with a "u" 27_laughing.gif

Thats how its spelled in Canada/Britan!

I used Canadian/British spelling not yankee spelling

What’s the big deal with armor versus armour?

armour

Armor \Ar"mor\, n. [OE. armure, fr. F. armure, OF. armeure, fr. L. armatura. See Armature.] [spelt also armour.] 1. Defensive arms for the body; any clothing or covering worn to protect one's person in battle.

Note: In English statues, armor is used for the whole apparatus of war, including offensive as well as defensive arms. The statues of armor directed what arms every man should provide.

2. Steel or iron covering, whether of ships or forts, protecting them from the fire of artillery.

Coat armor, the escutcheon of a person or family, with its several charges and other furniture, as mantling, crest, supporters, motto, etc.

Submarine, a water-tight dress or covering for a diver. See under Submarine.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

mad.gif

Not funny!

sumo.gif

No its not but the biggest twist of all would be to have sue fake her death! Maybey they mindwiped Sue to forget the rape! She later recovers memories and gets pissed. Using technologies at her disposal she causes havok.

It was her buying the Luthor Armour at begining!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You had me until you spelled "armor" with a "u" 27_laughing.gif

Thats how its spelled in Canada/Britan!

I used Canadian/British spelling not yankee spelling

What’s the big deal with armor versus armour?

armour

Armor \Ar"mor\, n. [OE. armure, fr. F. armure, OF. armeure, fr. L. armatura. See Armature.] [spelt also armour.] 1. Defensive arms for the body; any clothing or covering worn to protect one's person in battle.

Note: In English statues, armor is used for the whole apparatus of war, including offensive as well as defensive arms. The statues of armor directed what arms every man should provide.

2. Steel or iron covering, whether of ships or forts, protecting them from the fire of artillery.

Coat armor, the escutcheon of a person or family, with its several charges and other furniture, as mantling, crest, supporters, motto, etc.

Submarine, a water-tight dress or covering for a diver. See under Submarine.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

All well and true, my guess is some may have thought that you were saying amour

which would really put a spin on it 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't think Atom is the killer either.

Hope not. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif First Hal Jordan, then Ray Palmer? Does somebody at DC have it in for all the characters Gil Kane worked on? confused.gif (Rex the Wonder Dog better watch his [#@$%!!!]!)

So far we've been dealing with people switching bodies, discovering secret identities, mind-wiping. Looking at Ray Palmer in the last two pages of the story there's something not quite right - there's something about his eyes that looks off.

Is that Cray? Back for revenge? Or the villain that killed him?

The Top?

I am betting on the Top also. I think he is using his mind control trick on the Atom to take care of things. I want to know where the Flash's estranged wife is though. I find it interesting that Nightwing has been unable to find her during the IC storyline. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I really doubt it's the Top. He didn't appear at all in the mainstream IC series to my recollection. The bottom line is, I don't think it's Ray Palmer, and I don't think it's going to be a super complicated, convoluted conspiracy.

I maintain it's Jean Loring -- and the mind wiping is going to be directly died in -- which is in my mind, the central theme of this story.

I really doubt it's the Top. He didn't appear at all in the mainstream IC series to my recollection. The bottom line is, I don't think it's Ray Palmer, and I don't think it's going to be a super complicated, convoluted conspiracy.

I maintain it's Jean Loring -- and the mind wiping is going to be directly died in -- which is in my mind, the central theme of this story.

I can buy into the Jean Loring theory but I can't shake the feeling that it would end up being a real stretch at the end. They have showed Luthor's armor, which I believe is the tool being used, and mentioned her controlling half of Ray's patent. I just don't see her motivation though. I think in order to sell her Metzler is going to have to make a significant leap in her character.

If I was going to pick a spouse/loved one to wreck the DCU, I would have picked Wally's wife Linda. She lost her unborn twins to Prof. Zoom and then had her mind wiped by the Spectre with Wally's approval. Once the light came back on in her head, she was seriously pissed.

Either way, I am very much looking forward to the final issue. This has been a great read. cool.gif

If I was going to pick a spouse/loved one to wreck the DCU, I would have picked Wally's wife Linda. She lost her unborn twins to Prof. Zoom and then had her mind wiped by the Spectre with Wally's approval. Once the light came back on in her head, she was seriously pissed.

Twins eliminated? Mindwipes? What is this, Justice League Disassembled?

Linda Park seems about as much of a stretch as Jean Loring. This is someone with a grudge against the OLD Justice League members, and Wally wasn't a part of that League.

Bruce Wayne/Batman is a better suspect.

I don't think he did it, but he could have discovered his mindwipe and wants revenge - the loss of control has made him unstable.

Sue's rape was the trigger for the other leaguers to "adjust him".

Killing Tim's dad makes Tim an orphan, completely under his control.

He would have the knowledge and access to the tech to recreate the powers of nearly any hero/villain to throw off the scent.

He's considered beyond reproach by most of the heroes.

He has had unrestricted access to all of the crime scenes.

He knows that Superman and Clark Kent are one in the same.

He thinks the community is too at ease and needs to shake things up. Setting all of the heroes loose on the existing villain community "cleans" things up. Less supervillains around = less crime.

He hates what they did to Dr. Light and makes it possible for his memories to be returned.

Twins eliminated? Mindwipes? What is this, Justice League Disassembled?

27_laughing.gif

Just making the point of how I could see Linda's motivation vs Jean's. Linda has lost a great deal more than Jean. What has Jean lost? Why does she want to kill the family members of heroes? Punishment? If so, for what? I will freely admit that I follow the Flash but know very little about the Atom so Jean is basically a new character to me.

The interesting thing to me about Identity Crisis (outside of the whodunnit aspect) is the fact that the whole mind altering thing would not have come up at all if the original members of the JLA had not jumped to the assumption that it was Dr Light.

To me, the murder mystery is one story in IC and Zatana's burgeoning lobotomy service is another story. Maybe they will tie in together at the end. Maybe not. confused-smiley-013.gif