• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

131 in the census for the AF15 in 4.0 and more than 400 more in better grade. Blues

26 in the census for the TMNT in 9.6 with 12 in higher grade. Blues

The demand side of that equation would be even more one sided to AF 15.

The supply side too.

Things that are scarce or in short supply tend to be affected more by small changes in demand. A little demand could propel the TMNT a lot higher, while a little demand for the AF15 will hardly push prices higher in my opinion. This is the basic principle in price elasticity of demand.

There are 2087 total AF15 in the census.

494 total for the TMNT.

I am unclear how to respond to the poll. If I vote for TMNT, am I voting this was the better deal for the buyer or the seller. I would rather have the AF15, how do I vote ?

That's a great point. I didn't do an economic analysis, I just chose the one I would rather have. That seemed more interesting than going to GPA and checking the numbers. lol

Ditto

The Af15 is a white pager with good eye appeal and no MC. No brainer. Now if its a chipped up cow raggedy AF15. I'm with the TMNT1

(thumbs u

No chipped up 3.0 masquerading as a 4.0 :sumo:

I don't have a desire to own either, but was enough of a SA Spidey fan when I was younger, that the AF #15 does have appeal for me. I have no interest in the Turtles and can't see ever wanting an issue #1. I passed when it came out, and I'll pass now. That being said, I can appreciate the relative scarcity of a 9.6 TMNT #1 vs. a 4.0 AF #15 and can see how it might have a stronger upside in the future.

If I have an AF15, I trade it for the TMNT #1

If I have the $9k and Im investing it, I invest it in the AF15 (what can I say I like the safe and steady investments)

If I win the right to choose one of the two books I'm taking the TMNT.

Its just so rare and still desirable in high grade that I'd love a chance to own one if Im betting with "house" money on it.

131 in the census for the AF15 in 4.0 and more than 400 more in better grade. Blues

26 in the census for the TMNT in 9.6 with 12 in higher grade. Blues

The demand side of that equation would be even more one sided to AF 15.

The supply side too.

Things that are scarce or in short supply tend to be affected more by small changes in demand. A little demand could propel the TMNT a lot higher, while a little demand for the AF15 will hardly push prices higher in my opinion. This is the basic principle in price elasticity of demand.

There are 2087 total AF15 in the census.

494 total for the TMNT.

Even better stat I think.

2087 AF15 on census

3000 TMNT1 that have ever existed.