• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 50

24 posts in this topic

just throwing this out there those are creases not tears and they don't go thru the book only the cover. cant really tell how they happened but they are there

I think the combination of flaws/defects are what in my opinion keep this book from grading higher. Only CGC will be able to confirm this. But here is my detailed take of this book for your information:

Front Cover:

The front cover presents well over all however in addition to the abraded corners, staple tear (top), what appear to be severe spine stresses and corner creases on the TRHC and BRHC we have to factor in the back cover.

Back Cover:

The back cover is very clean over all however there are spine stresses present, you have two small chips/tears missing on the LHS, rounded corners (all) and a faint dust shadow running half way up from the bottom on the LHS.

Your scans are great and though the large scans tend to exaggerate the flaws I try and take that into consideration when assessing a book. Small scans don't readily show the flaws that could easily be missed and give the owner a false sense of hope on a what they think may be a higher grade book.