• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

I remember ordering multiple copies of NM 87 from American Entertainment because Rob Liefeld was the hot artist at that time. I didn't order them because of Cable. Thank goodness I ordered multiple copies of 98 also. American Entertainment was a huge company to order directly from. I don't think they exist anymore

:gossip: I still have them

Yeah, they were the go to order spot back then.

+1. I had no LCS nearby, just the local drug or grocery store, so American Entertainment and the other one that I can't recall right now were my only hope for a lot of new books or back issues, at the time.

There are like 15 active auctions on eBay for a 9.8.This is madness . lol

With that many copies coming out now we should soon see exactly how strong the demand really is and how sustainable the current price levels are....

-J.

To be honest,isn't there that many on any given day? Not just because of the hype. (shrug)

I'd love to see what Bryan Singer could do with Cable. He's a great character -- a leader, a uniter.

Might also be a good idea to stock up on New Mutants #86 considering the current climate. Should be able to pick up 10 or 15 copies for a dime.

xbfom1.jpg

Anybody know why NM 87 2nd prints sell for pennies compared to the 1st print?

I've noticed ASM 361 2nd prints sell for almost identical to the 1st.

What am I missing? Is this a possible stealth buy? lol

ASM 361 2nd printing is a notoriously hard comic to find in HG and has a smaller print run. This is why it sells for the same price as Amazing 361.

There are like 15 active auctions on eBay for a 9.8.This is madness . lol

With that many copies coming out now we should soon see exactly how strong the demand really is and how sustainable the current price levels are....

-J.

To be honest,isn't there that many on any given day? Not just because of the hype. (shrug)

This may be a good point lol. There does seem to be a palpable uptick in the average over the last 36 hours or so though.

-J.

I went to one of my LCS today looking for a merc with the mouth 2. shop was sold out of deadpool comics along with two other shops in the area.

seems all deadpool issues are being picked up.

I did find a nice Deadpool 1 97 today though. Off to CGC along with my raw on ebay as the prices are going up on all grades substantially

I went to one of my LCS today looking for a merc with the mouth 2. shop was sold out of deadpool comics along with two other shops in the area.

seems all deadpool issues are being picked up.

I did find a nice Deadpool 1 97 today though. Off to CGC along with my raw on ebay as the prices are going up on all grades substantially

Deadpool 1 97 is a really cook book and a semi-key imo. It's the first appearance of the Deadpool the world has come to know - the slapstick hero Deadpool.

Liefeld may have created him, but Kelly deserves credit for most of the character's context.

Yup, I checked. MCS is wrong about the gold NM #87.

The very first "gold" second printing was Spiderman #1.The second was Ghost RIder #5. New Warriors #1 had a gold second printing, but that happened after both the Spiderman and GR #5 seconds.

Prior to that, there was nothing particularly special about Marvel second printings. Ghost Rider #1 only had a GR head, instead of a Spidey head, in the UPC box.

There are also several tell-tale clues which demonstrate that NM #87 2nd is a 1991...not a 1990...book.

Thanks for the info. Glad to correct anything that we may have gotten wrong. I looked into it, and here's what I see:

New Mutants (1983) Gold Reprint #87

It appears that that issue went on the shelf as a new comic the week of December 13, 1991. Here's the full list of new comics from that same week:

Adventurers Club (1983) 17

Alpha Flight (1983 1st Series) 105

Amazing Spider-Man (1963 1st Series) 359

American Tail Fievel Goes West (1992) 2

Back to the Future (1991) 3

Baker Street (1989) 9

Batman Judge Dredd Judgment on Gotham (1991) 1A

Bill and Ted's Excellent Comic Book (1991) 3

Black Hood (1991 DC) 3

Cinefantastique (1970) Volume 22, Issue 4

Comic Relief (1989) 31

Comics Interview (1983) 103

Conan Saga (1987) 58

Deadline U.S.A. (1992 2nd Series) 1

Doctor Fate (1988 2nd Series) 36

Doom Patrol (1987 2nd Series) 51

Dragon (Magazine) 176

Dungeon (Magazine) 33

Elongated Man (1992) 2

Flash (1987 2nd Series) 59

Ghost Rider (1990 2nd Series) 22

Groo the Wanderer (1985 Marvel) 86

Hawkworld (1990 2nd Series) 20

Hook (1992) 1

James Bond Jr. (1992 Marvel) 1

Judge Dredd (1986 Quality) 59

Law of Dredd (1989) 29

Marvel Comics Presents (1988-1995 1st Series) 95

Miniature Wargames 103

Monolith (1991 Comico) 2

National Lampoon (1970) 1988-08

New Mutants (1983) Gold Reprint 87

Pirates of Dark Water (1991) 3

Predator Cold War (1991) 4

Protoculture Addicts (1988) 12

Quasar (1989) 31

Robin 2 The Joker's Wild (1991) 4A

Robin 2 The Joker's Wild (1991) 4B

Robin 2 The Joker's Wild (1991) Newsstand Edition 4

Robin 2 The Joker's Wild Collectors Set (1991) 4

Sleepwalker (1991) 9

Superboy (1990 2nd Series) 22

Superman The Man of Steel (1991) 8

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures (1989) 30

Toxic Avenger (1991) 11

Turtle Soup (1991 2nd Series) 2

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories (1940 Dell/Gold Key/Gladstone) 569

Web (1991) 6

Who's Who in the DC Universe (1990 Loose-Leaf Edition) 15

Wolverine (1988 1st Series) 51

Wonder Man (1991 1st Series) 6

Wonder Woman (1987-2006 2nd Series) 62

The New Mutants 87 gold reprint also has a code in our system indicating that it was offered in the Previews catalog from September 1991, which could match up with a Decemeber 1991 release date.

Damn bro...I'm almost tempted to bid on it. I love the Jambalaya cards (basketball). This is really neat. Although the seller states that it's missing the "EX" on it. I don't know too much about these particular cards to bid that much for one

Nice find.

Damn bro...I'm almost tempted to bid on it. I love the Jambalaya cards (basketball). This is really neat. Although the seller states that it's missing the "EX" on it. I don't know too much about these particular cards to bid that much for one

Nice find.

That's an extremely rare card in high grade. Almost all jambalaya cards were almost impossible to find in mint condition because of the rounded edges. Hell, almost all ex cards were tough pulls in high grade.

All of this chaos over a movie announcement that we all saw coming 5 years ago. :screwy:

Meanwhile, Uncanny X-Men 266 sits there in neutral, even though a big name actor and solo movie have been basically confirmed from the producer. Why hasn't that book popped yet?

Nobody likes the character? :baiting:

All of this chaos over a movie announcement that we all saw coming 5 years ago. :screwy:

Meanwhile, Uncanny X-Men 266 sits there in neutral, even though a big name actor and solo movie have been basically confirmed from the producer. Why hasn't that book popped yet?

Nobody likes the character? :baiting:

lol