• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

Damn bro...I'm almost tempted to bid on it. I love the Jambalaya cards (basketball). This is really neat. Although the seller states that it's missing the "EX" on it. I don't know too much about these particular cards to bid that much for one

Nice find.

That's an extremely rare card in high grade. Almost all jambalaya cards were almost impossible to find in mint condition because of the rounded edges. Hell, almost all ex cards were tough pulls in high grade.

Yea, but what does the missing "ex" mean? Pretty sure it's not an error. Another type of version maybe?

Damn bro...I'm almost tempted to bid on it. I love the Jambalaya cards (basketball). This is really neat. Although the seller states that it's missing the "EX" on it. I don't know too much about these particular cards to bid that much for one

Nice find.

That's an extremely rare card in high grade. Almost all jambalaya cards were almost impossible to find in mint condition because of the rounded edges. Hell, almost all ex cards were tough pulls in high grade.

Yea, but what does the missing "ex" mean? Pretty sure it's not an error. Another type of version maybe?

Not sure. That does seem off. I do know that the Jambalaya cards are heavily sought after in high grade. They were almost impossible to find and buy in high grade when I used to collect basketball cards. Here's the wolverine version of the same insert. That Deadpool card is probably worth around 500+ right now to the right collector.

I went to one of my LCS today looking for a merc with the mouth 2. shop was sold out of deadpool comics along with two other shops in the area.

seems all deadpool issues are being picked up.

I did find a nice Deadpool 1 97 today though. Off to CGC along with my raw on ebay as the prices are going up on all grades substantially

My predictions are correct, :whee: I'm happy because I was right, but also sad because it means I'm going to have to pay more since I already collected Deadpool. :(

Even if this ended today I'd be happy. It's a great time to sell, for sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Mutants-98-1991-VF-8-5-White-Pages-1st-Appearance-of-Deadpool-/361058316030?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5410c0aefe

Peace,

Chip

Can you update the auction to indicate that it's a newsstand version?

Good point. Could help to drive the sale a bit higher. Nice copy though.

That's not true at all. A Sale is a Sale is a Sale. All true sales are data points to be analyzed collectively. Do you just make this stuff up? :baiting:

one fools willingness to overpay verses a public auction? Yes. The masses will decide a more accurate number. You are in the minority if you believe in the fool.

That might be true in a vacuum, but a random eBay auction hardly guarantees "masses". Due to a number of variables, e.g., attendance, listing variables, perceived trustworthiness of seller, no returns, etc., ad nauseum, one could easily argue exactly the opposite.

A Sale is determined solely by what any buyer is willing to pay, and what any seller is willing to accept. Any other interpretation is clouded by prejudice. :grin:

I'm with divad on this. A BIN is no less a legitimate sale than an auction sale. I was in an auction on Sunday for a book that blew past other BIN prices in the final seconds. Once the auction was over I promptly clicked the lower BIN. A sale is a sale. Whether or not that NM 98 was a legit buyer performing a legit transaction is an entirely different matter.

-J.

well getting back to the OP. The lowest BIN is $949 or BO. Is it safe to say that the market value is less than that? (Seller would net $826 if someone wanted it badly)

Now there have been some documented sales, shilled or not, but who can say, over 949. I don't think this book has the legs to maintain the climb to be a $1000 book in 9.8. The clock is approaching midnite and Deadpool has lost his glass slipper. Trending downward as of now :sumo:

There is no more reasonable on this book in CGC 9.8 (even though there are plenty). According to me (reputable source in my own opinion), book still has plenty of legs. Book will average in the $900 - $1K range prior to movie opening. If you purchased any this year or prior, enjoy your profits.

there is one on eBay right now for $850 or BO. Let's see how much you like it. I can vouch for the seller. Hurry up and snag it. You can list it for $1500 next week.

I'm good, I got mine a few years back.

But thanks for looking out for my best interest (worship)

Given recent sales I'm more than comfortable what I said now, and the books I'm holding. Only problem is I knida want to keep them.

But then again...I might actually be underestimating this book, and that truly blows my mind :ohnoez:

You live near Philly? I was just at the RetroCon expo and a seller wanted $500 for a CGC 9.8 with white pages. I have absolutely no use for it so I passed. I don't do a lot with 'copper age' books. Looking back I guess I should have bought it just for the 'heck' of it or to 'flip' it, but I don't traditionally deal in comic books I just collect them.

You live near Philly? I was just at the RetroCon expo and a seller wanted $500 for a CGC 9.8 with white pages. I have absolutely no use for it so I passed. I don't do a lot with 'copper age' books. Looking back I guess I should have bought it just for the 'heck' of it or to 'flip' it, but I don't traditionally deal in comic books I just collect them.

is that the thundering stampede of flip flops i hear?

Someone sold one here on the boards today with a price of $1100 (not sure if that was negotiated down).

Someone sold one here on the boards today with a price of $1100 (not sure if that was negotiated down).

Last 2 on eBay were 835 and 850. The ones on the boards have been 725, 750 and this one

Last 2 on eBay were 835 and 850. The ones on the boards have been 725, 750 and this one

And the one you bought for $550.

And the one you bought for $550.

Talk about jumping the market. With how things were already going then I knew that would look like a steal in mere days. (thumbs u

-J.

i mentioned this last week, but a heads up again. Xforce Megazine is a thick square bound comic reprinting New Mutants 98, 99 and 100. Very low printed as it came out a few years after Xforce was already established. I just sold my copy to a guy on Facebook with shipping for $75.00 so the Deadpool hype is not slowing down.