• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

Let's say you had your choice of a NM #98 or a Ms. Marvel #1, both CGC in the same (high) grade. Which would you choose? Assume that you're not allowed to flip it immediately, and have to hold for at least a year or two.

I like girlz . . . :grin: What was your question based on? hm

Having bought my copy for cover price,I find it hard to imagine people paying these prices.

Not having bought it at the time because I stopped astonished when they ruined the New Mutants, I was very happy to get a copy "for free" from a friend (which I alerted about the value). I gave him a pretty rare run of an historical italian fanzine, and he was more than happy to bring me a few New Mutants issues I was missing to complete my run, including #98, all in NM+.

Now I think I just miss two or three: #16, #30 and maybe another – but luckily not #98.

Let's say you had your choice of a NM #98 or a Ms. Marvel #1, both CGC in the same (high) grade. Which would you choose? Assume that you're not allowed to flip it immediately, and have to hold for at least a year or two.

A Ms. Marvel #1, but I would deslab it and keep it for my collection.

In fact, I’d choose a Marvel Spotlight #32 or something other…

The cool thing is nm 98 was also an awesome read. My buddy & I jumped on with 93-94 for cable vs. wolverine, stayed on for the X-tintion Agenda tie-ins & it was in 98, the aftermath, that cable had to rebuild the team, selecting mutants mission impossible-style for his new X-Force team.

Happy to see it get some love, as NM 98 through about x-force 7 was an epic run to be reading as a teen.

i mentioned this last week, but a heads up again. Xforce Megazine is a thick square bound comic reprinting New Mutants 98, 99 and 100. Very low printed as it came out a few years after Xforce was already established. I just sold my copy to a guy on Facebook with shipping for $75.00 so the Deadpool hype is not slowing down.

Snagged an NM/MT unread copy of this today for a whopping 33 cents. :)

Peace,

Chip

Saw two NM/MT copies for sale for $15 each at a local thrift shop today.

Refused to buy them out of principle and left...

Only to return seconds later and shamelessly buy them and list them on the bay for around $300 each as 9.8 candidates. :devil:

I hate myself. :sorry:

Only to return seconds later and shamelessly buy them and list them on the bay for around $300 each as 9.8 candidates. :devil:

I doubt that. You saw money on the table and snapped them up fast and you know it. ;)

I doubt that. You saw money on the table and snapped them up fast and you know it. ;)

Still feel a little dirty...

A Ms. Marvel #1, but I would deslab it and keep it for my collection.

In fact, I’d choose a Marvel Spotlight #32 or something other…

I'd take Ms. Marvel 1