• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

I never believed a book with a print run so high would go for so much.

How high was it?

From what I've seen estimates are around 250k. That's actually not as high as I thought.

Good info in here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7162146

;)

I forgot that it took a downward turn towards the end,

Oh well.

How high was it?

From what I've seen estimates are around 250k. That's actually not as high as I thought.

Good info in here:

;)

Oh well.

lol. Yea it did. I was re-reading it earlier. Just stopped so suddenly. I was gonna bump it to ignite old flames...lol

I'm gonna hang onto mine and probably sell when it's around the million mark. Maybe two. who knows. I got mine for $100 raw NM (at CGC right now!!!! :wishluck:)

But as much as I love that Deadpool is more accessible now, I wish they would stop milking the out of it. He's already on a variant for every book. imagine what'll happen when the movie comes out.

How high was it?

Good info in here:

;)

Oh well.

lol. Yea it did. I was re-reading it earlier. Just stopped so suddenly. I was gonna bump it to ignite old flames...lol

That's what happens when people let their feelings become involved. Rational discussion goes out the window.

PS. I put back a solid 9.6 potential today for $160.

Sigh.

Just can't buy everything, you know.

Also put back 9.4/9.6 potential All Star 58s for $100, too.

And, for good measure, a potential 9.6 Swamp Thing #37 for $100.

:whee:

Sigh.

Just can't buy everything, you know.

And, for good measure, a potential 9.6 Swamp Thing #37 for $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311039149991

7.5 is not 9.6. ;)

Is that you?

hm

I was neither the buyer nor the seller. Just posted that because I saw it when looking at prices of ST 37 after you mentioned passing on a nice copy.

About 200 if CGC 9.4 but many are buying the hype of the potential movies. We really have to see how the crazy killer character work out with the young kids. Not every superheros movie work out aka Daredevil 2003.

Where was this poll conducted?

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

6 months ago I bought one for $355 (regular edition)

2 weeks ago I bought one for $400 (newstand edition)

Today I checked out the biddings and they are going for $450+ (regular edition)...:shrug:

***I think we might be beyond "reasonable"

I have never actually observed any significant/consistent difference in price for newsstand/direct. I did once see a 9.8 copy with a mark jeweler's insert go for $499, but that was more than a year ago.

-J.

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

Today I checked out the biddings and they are going for $450+ (regular edition)...:shrug:

Book is hot, by the beginning of 2015 the floor price in 9.8 is likely to be $500.00.

What's reasonable? Pfft, not sure. I bought a 9.6 recently that was slightly below GPA, and I was happy with that. I'd be tempted to buy another if I got the same deal. There are piles and piles of this book out there, which everyone here knows, but to echo someone else on these boards, Deadpool is the Wolverine of a new generation. Look at how many Hulk 181's are on the census and those sale like hotcakes, and will continue to do so in my opinion. Deadpool has a lot of legs. With so many in high grade, I'd rather put my money into 9.6's than 9.8's, but I think buying the comic now at FMV can still net you profit if you sell down the road.

All I know is that a few years ago I decided that I'd like a 9.8, and that prices were a little high, and surely they'd trickle back down. This is when they were still around $200-$250. However, once they got up over $400, I realized that waiting it out was costing me money, so when I found a really sharp 9.8 newsstand for under $400, I grabbed it, and am happy with the purchase. The day may come when the book crashes and burns, but I think it's going to be a while.

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

Book is hot, by the beginning of 2015 the floor price in 9.8 is likely to be $500.00.

^^