• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

Is this book on fire, or what?? $360 for 9.6's?? $270 for 9.2's?? I'm starting to feel like I'm even missing something here. (shrug)

-J.

2016 movie announced today. 98.s are $530+ on ebay with days left

Wtf are you serious ? I was dicking around in a sandman thread all day today and missed that ?

-J.

Thank you ! (thumbs u

I wonder how many people were able to click the "buy it now" on those "outrageously priced" copies at $510 and $520 before the listings went poof.

It's funny we were just recently discussing here how it seemed like only one or two buyers were buying up all the 9.8's to the point where some were saying the book was being shilled.

Now we indeed see there was a method to the madness. Somebody clearly knew something before everyone else did.

Is there such a thing as "insider trading" in comics? lol

-J.

Thank you ! (thumbs u

I wonder how many people were able to click the "buy it now" on those "outrageously priced" copies at $510 and $520 before the listings went poof.

It's funny we were just recently discussing here how it seemed like only one or two buyers were buying up all the 9.8's to the point where some were saying the book was being shilled.

Now we indeed see there was a method to the madness. Somebody clearly knew something before everyone else did.

Is there such a thing as "insider trading" in comics? lol

-J.

Yes. But the question you're really looking for the answer to is "Is it illegal?"

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

6 months ago I bought one for $355 (regular edition)

2 weeks ago I bought one for $400 (newstand edition)

Today I checked out the biddings and they are going for $450+ (regular edition)...:shrug:

***I think we might be beyond "reasonable"

Need to update myself from TWO WEEKS AGO...looks like the new current price is $550 (shrug)

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

Today I checked out the biddings and they are going for $450+ (regular edition)...:shrug:

Need to update myself from TWO WEEKS AGO...looks like the new current price is $550 (shrug)

I say more. I see 9.6s going for $375 - $400 now so I'd guess $650 - $700 would be the going rate for a 9.8.

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

I say more. I see 9.6s going for $375 - $400 now so I'd guess $650 - $700 would be the going rate for a 9.8.

+1

-J.

NM 98 (CGC 9.8)...

+1

-J.

Spot on.I already have a 9.8,but I'm ready to swipe on feebay. Hopefully an unknowing seller lists a 9.8 for $375. lol