• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

This will be like ASM 300 IMHO. Around $450-$600 for a 9.8 then when the movie comes out the price will jump to about $1000 for a little while then back down to the $450-$600 range again.

I disagree with this comparison. There aren't that many asm 300s in 9.8 versus nm 98 in 9.8. Classic mcfarlane cover versus liefeld. Asm 300 are selling for $900+ ???

I believe you missed his point due to the lack of context in Catwomancomics post. I actually like his comparison a lot. ASM 300 hit $1K during ASM3 movie hype and dropped like a rock after release/Venom suck fest. It slowly climbed back up and recently spiked to the levels we see it currently trading for.

For all of the valid reasons that you mentioned, I do not believe NM98 will recover as quickly as ASM300 did post movie.

Ok, so I was a little off. These books are already at $600 now.

The demand for this book will be strong due to the fan base. There are more fan boys that want a 9.8 than the current supply. Even if the 9.8 copies double on the census, the demand will still be there. Lets face it, this is the Wolverine of the copper/modern age when comparing popularity with young collectors. I'm not saying this book will ever hit IH 181 value/price, but Deadpool is here to stay.

599 or bo just listed. Not going to go up, I suggest high boots for the flood

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MUTANTS-98-CGC-9-8-WP-1ST-DEADPOOL-/201175536478?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed6ff135e

Put up or shut up :sumo:

That top right corner doesn't look pretty on a 9.8. When I personally buy a $500 plus book in 9.8, I sure as hell want it to look like one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MUTANTS-98-CGC-9-8-WP-1ST-DEADPOOL-/201175536478?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed6ff135e

That top right corner doesn't look pretty on a 9.8, just saying...

I got quite few 9.8s that must have been graded during " Happy Hour"

Just sold, next!!!!!

It's amazing how underestimated Deadpool has been. I can see this surpassing ASM 300 with no problem. ASM has quite a few copies out there as well but that never stopped it from hitting the 1k range in 9.8

I thinks he's got way more going for him than Venom even though I absolutely love Venom, I'll take Pool any day of the week. Top 3 characters have always been Lobo, (yes, lobo) Venom and Deadpool being my first. I'm surprised these sales are actually shocking people. I miss my NM 98 9.9. :sorry:

Just sold, next!!!!!

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats.

600 now...1K within the next year and a half seems more and more likely by the day.

It's amazing how underestimated Deadpool has been. I can see this surpassing ASM 300 with no problem. ASM has quite a few copies out there as well but that never stopped it from hitting the 1k range in 9.8

I thinks he's got way more going for him than Venom even though I absolutely love Venom, I'll take Pool any day of the week. Top 3 characters have always been Lobo, (yes, lobo) Venom and Deadpool being my first. I'm surprised these sales are actually shocking people. I miss my NM 98 9.9. :sorry:

U had a 9.9? Wow. What did you let it go for? Curious.

Must have been a beauty!

Still have any pics of it?

U had a 9.9? Wow. What did you let it go for? Curious.

Must have been a beauty!

Still have any pics of it?

Sure do. This is the full story. If you look on the forums, there was a pretty popular thread based on it at the time. "Sale of the year" was the thread I believe. I love your sig by the way. (thumbs u

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/4/1/73/1014?articleID=89317

Just sold, next!!!!!

Woah , how many copies do you have ? lol

Lame. I JUST sold my last SS 9.8 copy for $650...and everyone and their mother trying to lowball it.

lol

21 copies sold so far....

Until literally two days ago this book, along with walking dead 1 have consistently tended to be weak sellers on these boards. I have never understood why.....

-J.

Man. U should c what most of the 9.8's are going for on da bay.

There's one at 660 so far with 32 bids and over 20 hrs left.

Some more that are not too far behind with at least 20 hrs or less left with close to 20 bids each:

Don't see these numbers being the final price when it's said and done.

Are these being shilled? Not sure.