• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer photos back in the day

194 posts in this topic

Please tell Gary that Steve Roberts says hi. I bought the Mile High copy of Detective Comics from him at the 1993 SDCC.

Steve, which issue was the Mile High Detective that you bought from Gary in '93?

It's a late number, 167 I believe.

Please tell Gary that Steve Roberts says hi. I bought the Mile High copy of Detective Comics from him at the 1993 SDCC.

Steve, which issue was the Mile High Detective that you bought from Gary in '93?

This is the Church Copy I purchased from Gary back in 1993.

DETECTIVECOMICS167941_zpsac555dea.jpg

I've never owned this book.

:gossip: Gary carter

You couldln't have owned it. It's been in my collection for 21 years. Gary purchased it from Chuck Rozanski, who got it from Edgar Church.

These wall photos from, "back in the day" are exceptionally cool to look at!!!! I have very fond memories of my best friends parents taking him and I to many conventions in the very late 80's early 90's!! Most were in Hotels and Malls. We still talk about how even at a young age our folks would give us both $20 to spend at the show and I would scour the joint looking for one or two, "12 centers" (what we called em') while my friend would fill up on moderns...Not that I was able to ever make a mint or anything just good memories :cloud9:

I wish I would have had the appreciation I do now of the, "10 centers" so I could have gawked at them like I did the early Spideys, FF's, and X-Men's bc I dont recall seeing too many books like the ones shown in these photos (not that I could have afforded them anyways) I just wish I could remember seeing them...

So how much was a book like Cap #1 or even a TEC #27 worth back in 1990? ...I dont have any Overstreets at this time that date earlier than 2010 and the ones I had as a child are long gone as are my stacks and stacks of Wizards that I used to pick up monthly from a little store called Paper and Ink in my hometown lol

These wall photos from, "back in the day" are exceptionally cool to look at!!!! I have very fond memories of my best friends parents taking him and I to many conventions in the very late 80's early 90's!! Most were in Hotels and Malls. We still talk about how even at a young age our folks would give us both $20 to spend at the show and I would scour the joint looking for one or two, "12 centers" (what we called em') while my friend would fill up on moderns...Not that I was able to ever make a mint or anything just good memories :cloud9:

I wish I would have had the appreciation I do now of the, "10 centers" so I could have gawked at them like I did the early Spideys, FF's, and X-Men's bc I dont recall seeing too many books like the ones shown in these photos (not that I could have afforded them anyways) I just wish I could remember seeing them...

So how much was a book like Cap #1 or even a TEC #27 worth back in 1990? ...I dont have any Overstreets at this time that date earlier than 2010 and the ones I had as a child are long gone as are my stacks and stacks of Wizards that I used to pick up monthly from a little store called Paper and Ink in my hometown lol

wondrous memories such as these, are the ones we breath through from day to day ... :cloud9: THXS

lol! I've never owned any copy of this book!