• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer photos back in the day

194 posts in this topic

1. A precursor to what is now called a "Boards Dinner". Shelly and Shirley Moldoff down at the end of the table at dinner with some friends including our own beloved FriscoLarson (Jimmy!)

2. Me and John Plauche at a show in Dallas 1994 or 95 I think

3. John Fairless at the same show

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

What ever happened to John Fairless? I still have a ton of books I bought from him in the 90s.

1. A precursor to what is now called a "Boards Dinner". Shelly and Shirley Moldoff down at the end of the table at dinner with some friends including our own beloved FriscoLarson (Jimmy!)

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

What ever happened to John Fairless? I still have a ton of books I bought from him in the 90s.

I ran into John at WW Austin four or five years ago. He was helping somebody else. Said he went into another line of work. I used to buy a ton of comics from John, too. I still remember the feeding frenzy at SDCC 1999 on Sunday morning when he put out a huge collection of high grade Pre-code horror he and Harley had picked up the night before. Only one person had first shot ahead of me, but unfortunately it was our own Adam Strange. :tonofbricks:

I'm pretty sure he got those two Mystery Men on the rack behind him from me.

Jon

You must have a ton of pics, you always had a camera around your neck:)

Joe

Actually I do have quite a bunch.....However, heavy bent with some artists also.....start you off with some old time fans and big time creators.

I will dig out some more ...... jb

Dana Hawkes of Sotheby, Bruce Edwards, Jim Payette, Gary Carter

"The" Charlie McCarthy Dan Greehalgh Susan Ciccone Mike D'elasandro

145641.jpg.e4f81266f2f56c973a69c1608a0623f3.jpg

145642.jpg.bdecf4dfeaac6200d8e7a3edbecb1693.jpg

145643.jpg.86fc279548efb1ec0ca68432c61d93ca.jpg

145644.jpg.6193fd020d68ac6f34b9fc25b55350a3.jpg

145645.jpg.6c85c8982cedca33ac67fa35d225c3cb.jpg

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

I remember sending in my first books into CGC (a marvel 9 and action 21) through Fairless back at wondercon 2000.

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

I ran into John at WW Austin four or five years ago. He was helping somebody else. Said he went into another line of work. I used to buy a ton of comics from John, too. I still remember the feeding frenzy at SDCC 1999 on Sunday morning when he put out a huge collection of high grade Pre-code horror he and Harley had picked up the night before. Only one person had first shot ahead of me, but unfortunately it was our own Adam Strange. :tonofbricks:

Talked to John last week. He just bought some great comics so you all will probably be seeing him listing them on eBay soon - I think he goes by The Great Escape.

Look at those guns!!!

I'm jealous.

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

Talked to John last week. He just bought some great comics so you all will probably be seeing him listing them on eBay soon - I think he goes by The Great Escape.

Moving on....Dr. K. Mike Naiman.......Gary Carter....... Ayers......Bill Howard....Roz Kirby.....Lisa Carter....Joe V...Jerry Weist......George Tuska and Stan Lee.....Henry Baba.......Maggie Thompson........the Overstreets....Bob Caselli

Jim Payette

145662.jpg.9892e0e0f21b76ad50f941b37fe39597.jpg

145663.jpg.465f529446dd0fc2d44f7eff5ffbd03a.jpg

145664.jpg.672618c9bd5f8ce541147ff1e6352334.jpg

145665.jpg.161b1f14a31b91b669ca5f8299740c91.jpg

This could be a fun thread. a collector sent me this image from our booth dated 1988 from a NY comic-con. Pre-internet or auction houses. It was tough to find key books. I bet there are plenty of great pics of dealer displays back through the ages. Perhaps prior to 10 years a good cut-off?

As an FYI we started as Comic Book and Art dealers in the seventies and were originally named Comics and Stories. That is my son poking his head into the shot who is now 30 and a lawyer.

nycc1988-md.jpg

That swilverage AS #1 up in the right corner lol

mm0068_zpsdffc2331.jpg

To quote Richard Evans "John, you got hair" LMAO