• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer photos back in the day

194 posts in this topic

couple more Carter Eisner, Vin Sullivan, Julie Schwartz, Murphy Anderson , Phil Barnhardt, Joe Simon, John Snyder....Julie Schwarz, Carol Overstreet.....Dave Siegel, Peter Klee, Shelley Moldorf, Richard Evans

Good one Jon! Nice shot of Nadia

These look like 1998?

1998 indeed it was......

An unbelievable gathering of legends----put Eisner to the side and Severin.....there was Fred Guardinneer and Vincent Sulllivan of 'tec 1 fame and , Murphy Anderson, Julie Schwartz, Roy Thomas Joe Simon The last great gathering of mythical legends

145756.jpg.d5d001ef97b7c54373ba6225d42f2147.jpg

145757.jpg.35d3d3525bd26afed53ec36ebb730b9e.jpg

couple more Carter Eisner, Vin Sullivan, Julie Schwartz, Murphy Anderson , Phil Barnhardt, Joe Simon, John Snyder....Julie Schwarz, Carol Overstreet.....Dave Siegel, Peter Klee, Shelley Moldorf, Richard Evans

These look like 1998?

1998 indeed it was......

An unbelievable gathering of legends----put Eisner to the side and Severin.....there was Fred Guardinneer and Vincent Sulllivan of 'tec 1 fame and , Murphy Anderson, Julie Schwartz, Roy Thomas Joe Simon The last great gathering of mythical legends

Many stories involving all of them!

Not the least is the sale of Guardineer's Action 15 cover.

Plenty of time along the way!

These look like 1998?

1998 indeed it was......

If I could go back I'd have him sign it.

These look like 1998?

1998 indeed it was......

If I could go back I'd have him sign it.

Congrats on the purchase!

Did You know I owned it for over 20 years?

PM me your email and I will give you the provenance if you like.

That particular era was fantastic with the Golden Age panel just being a tremendously fun and exciting event. Mark Evanier and friends managed to gather just some of the greatest talent of the Golden Age and get them to talk about their experiences.

While it wasn't apparent at the time it would only be a brief decade later when that event morphed into the Golden / Silver Age panel and now I don't know if there are any artists left from the Golden Age able to do a show.

I got to meet Will Eisner, Joe Simon, Julius Schwartz and listen to George Tuska and Gil Kane. Great memories and thanks to all who made these events happen.

These look like 1998?

1998 indeed it was......

145756.jpg

That was a fun time. That shot of Eisner is him signing a Giclee lithograph I produced. It started with Jon selling me his under copy so I had a scan to start from. I am pretty sure Jon sold that to me at his cost. Of course I still have it. Many Photoshop hours later it was repaired and suitable for a very large high definition print. Eisner was a very nice man and really easy to work with. A very rewarding thing in the end was when he noted his appreciation for bringing back this nostalgic piece, his first cover, as he did not even have a copy of the book. That particular print was raffled off at the dinner, and if I recall correctly I think Fischler ended up buying it.

Fun times with a lot of those people. Michael Naiman was very key in bringing that meeting together each year, so a shout out to him for all of his efforts.

Here's a shot of me in my first store in Palo Alto, California, back in the mid 1980s, I think.

photo alma_lee_pose.jpg

I still have a beautiful Action #34 I bought from you at one of the first San Diego shows I attended. You had a bunch of Actions and Superman books. My only regret is I didn't buy more!

Late eighties pre-new museum

Frank Frazetta in his studio.

Frazetta1999-1.jpg

Is Frank coloring a WSF print? Mine is dated 1972. Was this a new edition, Joe?

FRAZETTA :cloud9: ..............GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I'm in the middle of re-reading Gary Groth's Frazetta interview .......

Frazetta1999-1.jpg

No, actually it is one of the first ones he did, however, the owner framed it from the start and was not careful about light and it faded badly. A friend, he asked me if Frank could do anything about it. I brought it out to him and he gracefully recolored it. Good lesson about water colors .....always use UV glass.

By the way, note the baseball glove that he had always at the ready!

Frazetta1999-1.jpg

FRAZETTA :cloud9: ..............GOD BLESS...

P.S. I'm in the middle of re-reading Gary Groth's Frazetta interview .......

I am not sure if he mentions it but Frank's first attempt at drawing a story was in 1946 at 18 years old while erasing pencils at Fiction House. It was based on the classic horror "Cat People" he kept the pages till his death. We have one in this sale. He was told Caniff was what sold so he drew it in his style. Frazetta Panther Legend

.... that's a neat page..... interesting sample of his earliest work that still conveys the genius that is to come. One of my favorite parts of the Groth interview is Frank's lengthy discussion of movies that he loved. When interviewed, Frazetta always managed to come out like just a regular guy.... like someone you grew up with. GOD BLESS...