• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Fantasy 15

23 posts in this topic

I had my copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 graded by CGC over a year ago, but before submitting it, I took a few pictures of it raw.

I was curious if you kind folks would take a guess as to what this book is graded based solely on the front cover. I understand that a proper grading would require both front and back images, but I am curious to find out what grade the front cover presents as.

Inside Bag & Board:

photo1_zps786fe7ea.jpg

Raw:

photo_zpsebe744fb.jpg

I will let you all know what the actual CGC grade of the book is after a few people have had a chance to guess the grade!

Wow. You've gotten a lot of responses for just the front cover and a picture instead of a scan. Hard to tell if it's foxing or staining on the front cover. And of course no way to know what the back cover looks like. I'm going with somewhere between 3.0 and 5.0. Not higher than a 5.0 with the chip out of the bottom right corner and clean enough looking I'd be surprised with less than a 3.0 (unless there was some problem with the back cover or interior).

Thanks to everyone who participated in the guessing game! You guys made me feel a lot better about my purchase in terms of eye appeal.

CGC graded the book as a 2.5

The reason is because the back cover has about 1 inch of the bottom left corner missing. A previous owner probably folded that corner enough times to where it eventually fell off.

IMG_1717_zps9eade682.jpg

Even though this is the lowest graded book I own, I'm happy owning a 2.5 with 4.0 front cover eye appeal. Who admires the back cover of a book anyways? :grin:

I'll happily buy books with front cover eye appeal at least three grades higher than assigned grade due to a back cover flaw. Even with a a 1" triangular piece out of the back cover I'd be tempted to go 3.0 on the grade, and would take it over a "4.0" with edge chipping any time.