• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Put up or Shut up! What is your best WWII comic or magazine cover?

128 posts in this topic

A recent pick up. Not sure it's my absolute favorite, but the scan was handy. (And it's got Mussolini for Valiant!)

lol Love the pose… Really, history deserves to be studied from periodical publications, documents, and unusual sources, because people and things are way more complex than what you may get from history books.

I recently read a report on Goering’s life and… man, that was pretty disturbing.

As far as great covers go, worth to mention are also two awesome books put out in France after the nazist occupation, at the end of the war, by leading french cartoonist Calvo. Unfortunately, I do not own them, but they are worth to be shown:

MittpPoh.jpg

0Llvyr7h.jpg

gfXyAFMh.jpg

KLMC4UCh.jpg

czfqBfRh.jpg

A recent pick up. Not sure it's my absolute favorite, but the scan was handy. (And it's got Mussolini for Valiant!)

lol Love the pose… Really, history deserves to be studied from periodical publications, documents, and unusual sources, because people and things are way more complex than what you may get from history books.

I recently read a report on Goering’s life and… man, that was pretty disturbing.

As far as great covers go, worth to mention are also two awesome books put out in France after the nazist occupation, at the end of the war, by leading french cartoonist Calvo. Unfortunately, I do not own them, but they are worth to be shown:

MittpPoh.jpg

0Llvyr7h.jpg

gfXyAFMh.jpg

KLMC4UCh.jpg

czfqBfRh.jpg

These are amazing!

Dell's "War Comics" was the first comic dedicated completely to the "war" genre (1940)...before America was even technically involved in WWII.

Here's my favorite of the short run:

War_Comics4_Front_zpsaf6067e3.jpg

Gorgeous!

Ken

i'm going to go with "prettiest." this one has a very special place in the firmament of my collection.

master35-1.jpg

Junior's war covers may be the best things Raboy ever did.