• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

The show was creepy as Hell, they did a great job of following the comics from what I remember (I bailed around issue 10 or 11). It makes me want to pick up the issues where I left off to see what's coming

First Episode was good, but not Great.

i'd say the same for TWD ep 1.

The budget is obviously not as high unfortunately.

How high of cgi do you need for possesions?

A better budget goes a long way to making "beating the snot out of a little boy" into "fist fight with the devil."

A better budget goes a long way to making "beating the snot out of a little boy" into "fist fight with the devil."

That doesn't even make sense because the "devil or demon" is hiding inside the kid or person. And if suddenly it would come out of the child a human fist punching a entity like that would have zero damage. The last thing a show like this needs is a cheesy remake of "Ghostbusters" using lame Eddie Murphy jokes surrounded by "Haunted Mansion" CGI. lol

Bunch of people in zombie masks stumbling around...building multiple new sets and locations is probably what drive their costs.....I'd rather the fights were flesh on flesh rather than flesh vs computer

Outcast 1 for $41

4 bidders over $30 and 3 over $35. I wish I'd kept all of my 9.8s. This book is starting to gain steam.

I have a bunch of high grade #1s I picked up in a collection... Guess I should get rid of them.

Do what this guy did just dump them enmasse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTCAST-1-LOT-OF-FOURTEEN-ALL-1ST-PRINT-VF-NM-CINEMAX-TV-SHOW-/222125372907?hash=item33b7b435eb:g:Yo8AAOSw71BXQN1n

Not sure that vf-nm is going to drive people wild though

Hope this guy knows showing his hand doesn't necessarily mean increased sales

Personally for me when I see a stack of 35 slabs and knowing he'll have the same auction up for the next 6 months even after I buy mine, kind of kills my buzz for the item. Couple good sales and people are running to their stash and just dumping them all at once. Greed kills sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTCAST-1-SDCC-PHOTO-COVER-CGC-9-8-ROBERT-KIRKMAN-IMAGE-WALKING-DEAD-/182141857698?hash=item2a68802fa2:g:cSEAAOSwU1FXQR8Y

Outcast 1 for $41

4 bidders over $30 and 3 over $35. I wish I'd kept all of my 9.8s. This book is starting to gain steam.

I have a bunch of high grade #1s I picked up in a collection... Guess I should get rid of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTCAST-1-LOT-OF-FOURTEEN-ALL-1ST-PRINT-VF-NM-CINEMAX-TV-SHOW-/222125372907?hash=item33b7b435eb:g:Yo8AAOSw71BXQN1n

Personally for me when I see a stack of 35 slabs and knowing he'll have the same auction up for the next 6 months even after I buy mine, kind of kills my buzz for the item. Couple good sales and people are running to their stash and just dumping them all at once. Greed kills sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OUTCAST-1-SDCC-PHOTO-COVER-CGC-9-8-ROBERT-KIRKMAN-IMAGE-WALKING-DEAD-/182141857698?hash=item2a68802fa2:g:cSEAAOSwU1FXQR8Y

For the first seller at VF/NM copies asking $430 I say "GLWTS" ( :gossip: the "S" is not for "sale").

The second seller, all those slabs and just one 9.8... I know it's a black cover, so it's tough to get a NM/M copy right? It's a good way to advertise the lone 9.8 for sale. lol

That doesn't even make sense because the "devil or demon" is hiding inside the kid or person. And if suddenly it would come out of the child a human fist punching a entity like that would have zero damage. The last thing a show like this needs is a cheesy remake of "Ghostbusters" using lame Eddie Murphy jokes surrounded by "Haunted Mansion" CGI. lol

I literally laughed at that scene is my point. The acting was good, but it's hard to have a grown man straddling a little kid beating the out of him and somehow make it scary or tense. Maybe budget isn't the answer, I don't know, but that scene fell very flat for me.

Outcast 1 for $41

These are all NM+ or better. I don't typically sell much, I just need to downsize and these don't really go with my collection. I need to decide what to do, slab them or sell them raw. Hopefully I find time this weekend to handle it.