• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

I got a raw #1 signed by kirman, azaceta and Patrick Fugit. Thinking about selling but I might just wait a bit longer to see how the season will progress...

If it's HG territory could be worth CBCS'n if prices keep rising

I may just wait to sell any of mine while the big fish eat all the little fish

I am the littlest fish, I have no patience with the whole selling process, it's a necessary evil to me. Well... It's not the selling I guess so much as the shipping process.

I got a raw #1 signed by kirman, azaceta and Patrick Fugit. Thinking about selling but I might just wait a bit longer to see how the season will progress...

OK guys, heres my take on this..

Outcast is the ONLY modern book that I can remember that came out, had MASSIVE spec appeal and ACTUALLY worked! In other words, while it was on the shelves it already sold on eBay for 10+ bucks a pop. AND there were no shortages on this book. It was really easy money (if youre into doubling on your investment, I personally am not); buy 10 copies for cover, list for 10 a pop, rinse and repeat, but it got even sweeter, you could get them graded and move them at $60-100 each. These graded 9.8 easily, 3156 on the census, 2644 of which are 9.8.

So, my point is this, lets not be super greedy with this book, at this point I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that this book will get to be a 50.00 steady book. List them for 10-20.00 raw and be happy with your investment and move to the next one.

:facepalm:

Was Saga optioned for a TV show BEFORE the book hit the shelves?

No, i'm just talking about amount of copies in the hands of speculators.

That makes a HUGE difference. When a book comes out with a Kirkman optioned announcement it means one thing and one thing only - every speculator on the planet will buy 10-50 copies right off the gate to play the market. And even THEN it yielded a premium and went to 2-3-4th print.. But the fact of the matter is - the target market for this book was the speculator

OK guys, heres my take on this..

Outcast is the ONLY modern book that I can remember that came out, had MASSIVE spec appeal and ACTUALLY worked! In other words, while it was on the shelves it already sold on eBay for 10+ bucks a pop. AND there were no shortages on this book. It was really easy money (if youre into doubling on your investment, I personally am not); buy 10 copies for cover, list for 10 a pop, rinse and repeat, but it got even sweeter, you could get them graded and move them at $60-100 each. These graded 9.8 easily, 3156 on the census, 2644 of which are 9.8.

So, my point is this, lets not be super greedy with this book, at this point I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that this book will get to be a 50.00 steady book. List them for 10-20.00 raw and be happy with your investment and move to the next one.

Of course if you advise people to list for 10-20 and people listen that outcome might happen. I use the word might because the show hasn't even premiered yet on the network. Yes I know its available online and on you tube but the masses are not even exposed to it yet.

That makes a HUGE difference. When a book comes out with a Kirkman optioned announcement it means one thing and one thing only - every speculator on the planet will buy 10-50 copies right off the gate to play the market. And even THEN it yielded a premium and went to 2-3-4th print.. But the fact of the matter is - the target market for this book was the speculator

I recall reading that people were staying away from it for that very reason. Who knows where the reality is, somewhere in the middle? :shrug:

I recall reading that people were staying away from it for that very reason. Who knows where the reality is, somewhere in the middle? :shrug:

+1

I didn't buy more than 10 Saga 1 because I was sure everyone would be buying tons and they wouldn't go very high...sometimes you can use too much logic and end up getting burned.

I agree with this. BUT. Come on guys.. This book has been selling for the same numbers for almost 2 years now.. The only time it peaked was when the 1st 9.8 slabs were out.. Some guy had them first before everyone and cleaned up I think he sold 4 or 5 at an average of 175.00 each..

And there was NO hype at the time. The book was recognized as a spec book, with no trailer in sight, no major developments, no nothing. That just told me one thing.. If it peaked for no reason and sold very well and then it settled even during announcements of shooting, cast, trailers etc.., theres probably not gonna be any possible scenario where it will peak again.

But as you said.. Weirder things have happened, and too much logic sometimes isnt the way to go.

Just my opinion

CBCS? :roflmao: that's cute

I didn't buy more than 10 Saga 1 because I was sure everyone would be buying tons and they wouldn't go very high...sometimes you can use too much logic and end up getting burned.

I agree with this. BUT. Come on guys.. This book has been selling for the same numbers for almost 2 years now.. The only time it peaked was when the 1st 9.8 slabs were out.. Some guy had them first before everyone and cleaned up I think he sold 4 or 5 at an average of 175.00 each..

And there was NO hype at the time. The book was recognized as a spec book, with no trailer in sight, no major developments, no nothing. That just told me one thing.. If it peaked for no reason and sold very well and then it settled even during announcements of shooting, cast, trailers etc.., theres probably not gonna be any possible scenario where it will peak again.

But as you said.. Weirder things have happened, and too much logic sometimes isnt the way to go.

Just my opinion

You may misunderstand me. I don't think most of these books that blow up are "worth" anything. They blow up and typically fade away. Only thing I'm sure of is there aren't many out there that are great at predicting what will blow up next. Typically people are just pointing it out after it has begun to happen... Which of course just fans the flames most of the time.

I just happen to have 10 or so of these that I don't want. I don't know why anyone would pay more than $10 for one but what do I know?

Yup yup.. I certainly dont know it all.. I just follow the market closely and study the trends. But jl krighton said. Sometimes too much sense doesnt make sense.

Someone may win the lottery tomorrow and score the only 9.9 on the census and bring this book back from life support. IDK

Yup yup.. I certainly dont know it all.. I just follow the market closely and study the trends. But jl krighton said. Sometimes too much sense doesnt make sense.

Someone may win the lottery tomorrow and score the only 9.9 on the census and bring this book back from life support. IDK

Is that before or after the "bribe" :roflmao:

I hear ya, just wanted to be clear about what I was trying to say. Sometimes it doesn't come across right (thumbs u