• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Preacher vs Outcast CBSI comparitive spec article

Yes, this probably belongsin a spec thread butwith so many eyes on their debuts, here is a little food for thought. Peacher is hard to beat in pure comic form. From a spec point of view, Outcast seems to have more room to grow. In the last 2 years however, Preacher is almost blue chip status. 2c

What are we comparing. A book with 2656 #1s in 9.8 (with 5 reprints and an ocean of speculators who bought from the outset) compared to one with 446? (shrug)

I think they're just comparing the two since they both have new shows that have aired. Yes, Preacher 1 is amazing if you have them...not so much if you don't. I'd have to say so far Outcast(a show on a pay channel) is being better received than Preacher (AMC) so the Outcast comic has more current upside than a comic that is no longer being printed.

Went to see The Conjuring 2 last night then watched the replay of Outcast when we got home.

Did not sleep very well!

The show is so good it's made me pick up the issues where I left off when i stopped buying the title. Bonus us that I can read a bunch straight through

Went to see The Conjuring 2 last night then watched the replay of Outcast when we got home.

Did not sleep very well!

The show is so good it's made me pick up the issues where I left off when i stopped buying the title. Bonus us that I can read a bunch straight through

This is what happens to me. Over 6' 250 pounds and have been in my share of scraps but, :eek: watch a scary show :o , I'm getting up every time I hear a creak in the house. BWAHAHAHAHA :roflmao:

Preacher vs Outcast CBSI comparitive spec article

Yes, this probably belongsin a spec thread butwith so many eyes on their debuts, here is a little food for thought. Peacher is hard to beat in pure comic form. From a spec point of view, Outcast seems to have more room to grow. In the last 2 years however, Preacher is almost blue chip status. 2c

What are we comparing. A book with 2656 #1s in 9.8 (with 5 reprints and an ocean of speculators who bought from the outset) compared to one with 446? (shrug)

I think they're just comparing the two since they both have new shows that have aired. Yes, Preacher 1 is amazing if you have them...not so much if you don't. I'd have to say so far Outcast(a show on a pay channel) is being better received than Preacher (AMC) so the Outcast comic has more current upside than a comic that is no longer being printed.

This is my take too. Of course Preacher, and will likely always be, the bigger book. That said, there is probably more meat on the bone with Outcast dollar for dollar. 2c

(thumbs u

Was the conjuring 2 a good flick?

I liked it better than the 1st one, and there was so much eccccch factor in it. There's several "jump out of your skin" parts, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good scary movie.

Best part of it was when there was a real creepy mood building scene, the theater is dead silent and an old lady a few rows up says "Oh nooo noooo nooo no no!" The whole place applauded

I can't find a way to watch the next episode without signing up for Cinemax. I don't mind paying $1.99 for the episode but can't find it on Amazon.

I can't find a way to watch the next episode without signing up for Cinemax. I don't mind paying $1.99 for the episode but can't find it on Amazon.

Bought the season pass for Preacher on Amazon, but unable to find anything similar for Outcast.

The only (legal) option I can find is to subscribe to Sling (https://www.sling.com/) and add Cinemax for $10 - you're looking at a minimum of $30 a month at that point. This isn't something I'm willing to sign up for since they're simply creating the cable television problem all over again.

Episode 2 was well done, but lets get back to the creepy stuff.

and if they did super creepy stuff every week there are people already worried it will become a monster of the week type of show similar to X-files.