• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Frustrating such a good show is floundering ratings wise....what are people doing Friday night other than watching tv

Wait 9 months and you'll see the end result........

That should come after the show :insane:

Frustrating such a good show is floundering ratings wise....what are people doing Friday night other than watching tv

Neilsen ratings are outdated and need to change. Hardly anyone watching things live anymore. Great episode 4 IMO.

(thumbs u

I admit to being a little surprised that the price of a #1 has held up. I figured that it would have dropped already, I still haven't gotten off of my butt to sell the ones I don't need. I hate digging books out of storage.

It was never that high to begin with why would it drop

Because there are easily available very high grade copies? At the time of release, people already knew there was a television show coming?

Seems to be a lot of reasons it should be worth less than $30 in high grade raw.

At this point I would have to say I agree, it definitely could go up. It could also go down. I just have little ability to prognosticate these things - I tend to try to look at it rationally, and through that lens, the current price is not what I would have predicted. I know there are a lot of people sitting on piles of these and at some point the dam is likely to break. If it happens at all once then the price will surely plummet.

The fact that there was little uncertainty about a second season surely helped, but my guess is if there is uncertainty about a season three those flood gates could open.

At this point I would have to say I agree, it definitely could go up. It could also go down. I just have little ability to prognosticate these things - I tend to try to look at it rationally, and through that lens, the current price is not what I would have predicted. I know there are a lot of people sitting on piles of these and at some point the dam is likely to break. If it happens at all once then the price will surely plummet.

The fact that there was little uncertainty about a second season surely helped, but my guess is if there is uncertainty about a season three those flood gates could open.

Well I'm sure season 3 won't be announced until season 2 in underway. Season 1 is still going well IMO. Great creepy factor plus high production, colors, and music is all top notch. Its building the plot a little at a time.

Hopefully these end up on some readily available streaming service - they're not giving people a way to watch it as the season airs outside of a subscribtion to Cinemax (at least in the states, as best I can tell) so that is a limiting factor. I don't know why they wouldn't simply make it available via an Amazon season pass subscription similar to Preacher.

I think stagnated is probably a better word for Outcast 1. $16 for an Outcast 1 1st NM is about $10 less than it was getting before the show aired.

I figured it'd be a $10 in NM by this time. And the copies I have of this book don't make NM+ look hard at all, and I've recently seen those at $25 - $30. It's doing better than it has a right to considering the early news and print run.