• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

:applause:

It seems like people should stop posting about sellers' prices when they really know nothing about what type of business practices a seller is employing. Never assume you really know what exactly is going on. ;)

You mean like cheating the system (Ebay's)? lol

I guess people are willing to take risks when they buy. I know that's not me; even at shows, if a book has a price that's too high on it, I wont even bother talking to you to see if there is any wiggle room; it's not worth the effort or time. In fact, if most sellers could just be a kiosk so I don't have to interact with anyone, that would be MUCH preferable.. List it for a reasonable price, I'll pay it no questions asked, no haggling, no hassles. There are just too many other places to get something I might want to have to deal with any back and forth or meaningless polite conversation to get you down to a price that's fair.

Ditto on Ebay. If I have to interact with you, you've lost my business.

It seems like people should stop posting about sellers' prices when they really know nothing about what type of business practices a seller is employing. Never assume you really know what exactly is going on. ;)

I guess people are willing to take risks when they buy. I know that's not me; even at shows, if a book has a price that's too high on it, I wont even bother talking to you to see if there is any wiggle room; it's not worth the effort or time. In fact, if most sellers could just be a kiosk so I don't have to interact with anyone, that would be MUCH preferable.. List it for a reasonable price, I'll pay it no questions asked, no haggling, no hassles. There are just too many other places to get something I might want to have to deal with any back and forth or meaningless polite conversation to get you down to a price that's fair.

1) Again, you assume the book is really for sale. It could be... ahhh, forget it.

2) What's your ebay ID ? :wishluck:

I have read this last post 4 times, and still can't figure out how you can't know what Branget is asking.

:eek:

-slym

It was confusing because Branget himself thought it was a good deal:

For the record if Rocket Racoon sells for $250 in 9.8 then I am considering buying Divad's book. :)

So did this person:

I was considering it as well, I bought a bunch of books earlier this year from him and the grading was dead on. If he says it's a 9.8, then it's a 9.8.

Boboset also reasoned that it was reasonably priced and that it would be profitable for a reseller to buy it.

So as I said, people are making the case for that book but nobody is buying. I guess they are just waiting to snipe it at the end?

The confusing part is how my comment and the comment that followed was interpreted by you. Also it seems to only take a couple comments to become "quite a few". lol

Seems to be quite a few people saying that Rocket Raccoon book is a steal at that price and yet nobody is buying it.

Really? Where?

where what?

Slym was pointing out your leap in language as he does so well.

I "considered" followed by someone commenting that it was "reasonably priced" became "a steal" in your mind. If it was a steal it would be sold. It is priced that I would consider it. :makepoint:

Wha....? WHA....?? You mean, there are words in English that convey the precise meaning of what we are saying, without having to rely on others to (mis)interpret what we mean???

Get out!

and for cluttering up ebay

Cluttering up eBay.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Oh... you were serious?

It's not hard, if you don't want to see ridiculous results, do a proper search. You can limit the $ to items you are willing to buy.

I'm too lazy to explain why this wouldn't work.

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

lol Yeah. If you are not willing to accept a best offer, then why give potential buyers that option?

THIS

A lot of times, the best offer option may just be a mistake on the Seller's part. When you set up a fixed priced auction, unless you are using a specific template, best offer is automatically checked. So if you are rushing you may not even realize that you've offered it.

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

lol Yeah. If you are not willing to accept a best offer, then why give potential buyers that option?

THIS

A lot of times, the best offer option may just be a mistake on the Seller's part. When you set up a fixed priced auction, unless you are using a specific template, best offer is automatically checked. So if you are rushing you may not even realize that you've offered it.

probably not a good idea to buy from sellers that 'rush' things......

Oh... you were serious?

It's not hard, if you don't want to see ridiculous results, do a proper search. You can limit the $ to items you are willing to buy.

lol - right. Google boolean - unless that's too difficult for you. Or if you are feeling really lazy, use the "price' box on the left hand side of eBay - it's labeled "Price" to help you find it. Here's another tip, the lower the number the less expense the item is.

Oh... you were serious?

lol - right. Google boolean - unless that's too difficult for you. Or if you are feeling really lazy, use the "price' box on the left hand side of eBay - it's labeled "Price" to help you find it. Here's another tip, the lower the number the less expense the item is.

thx genius i know all that.

gotta love them noobs try explaining stuff to us.....

:roflmao:

THIS

probably not a good idea to buy from sellers that 'rush' things......

Perhaps - but that's a different issue isn't it? It's also easy to miss if you are doing it from your phone. But I was just offering a suggestion as to why a seller might not be willing to bargain on an item that you feel is priced incorrectly.

Oh... you were serious?

thx genius i know all that.

gotta love them noobs try explaining stuff to us.....

:roflmao:

Right - because if someone doesn't have thousands of posts on CGC, it automatically means they can't teach you anything about eBay or comics. I'm the one who is laughing now. :facepalm:

And you never addressed my point - if that won't work, why did you say you already knew that? Oh, I'm sorry - you are too lazy to explain it to me. (shrug)

ok i guess i gotta explain after all. sigh. i can't just do something simple like set a 'price' I'm willing to pay because depending on condition, i am willing to pay different amounts for stuff. if i see something high priced but has a 'BO' I might make a BO, only to find out it's one of those sellers that doesn't budge. then I wasted my time, and possibly lost out on something else while i waited for a reply to my 'BO'-that's what i mean by 'cluttering up ebay'.

now go stand in the corner.

ok i guess i gotta explain after all. sigh. i can't just do something simple like set a 'price' I'm willing to pay because depending on condition, i am willing to pay different amounts for stuff. if i see something high priced but has a 'BO' I might make a BO, only to find out it's one of those sellers that doesn't budge. then I wasted my time, and possibly lost out on something else while i waited for a reply to my 'BO'-that's what i mean by 'cluttering up ebay'.

Wow - I feel so schooled. If only the world was controlled by you, we'd all be in our place... eBay would be less cluttered and comics would be priced correctly in the world.

How long do I have to stand in the corner daddy? :roflmao:

Wow - I feel so schooled. If only the world was controlled by you, we'd all be in our place... eBay would be less cluttered and comics would be priced correctly in the world.

How long do I have to stand in the corner daddy? :roflmao:

till i come get you

Well I think your going to miss some good deals then ! all guys set a higher price looking to haggle. even at cons ! its expected. Another reason guys set a higher price with "buy it nows" is because they don't want to get burned if a book gets hot while they are sleeping !. Divads price on the rocket book is normal ! That is not even close to one of the crazy ones !