• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 27-29, 2015, Seattle, WA

263 posts in this topic

This will be my first time attending ECCC and I'm stoked! Flying up from San Francisco with a couple friends who are also first-timers.

Do people camp out for Main Hall? Is it as bad as Hall H at SDCC? I'm interested in Main Hall on Sunday but I have no idea what to expect or how early to line up. Any regulars care to chime in? First panel is at 11:00am Sunday.

This will be my first time attending ECCC and I'm stoked! Flying up from San Francisco with a couple friends who are also first-timers.

Do people camp out for Main Hall? Is it as bad as Hall H at SDCC? I'm interested in Main Hall on Sunday but I have no idea what to expect or how early to line up. Any regulars care to chime in? First panel is at 11:00am Sunday.

No ha

I have been setting up at ECCC since 2005, its an amazingly fun show and yes as everyone has said, it has gotten bigger and better as the years have passed. Regarding panels, they generally get booked up (depending on the panel that is) my best advice is show up to the panel about 90 minutes before and just see what the line is like, and perhaps check back every 30 minutes after that, you should be able to get in to those panels you want to see that way.

There will be a lot of people lining up each day to get into the show itself, that is a given. Saturday is the biggest day, people tend to line up around 7:30am or so. As an exhibitor I generally get there to prep and see old friends and I usually see people already waiting in the queue area.

Who are planning to get comic books signed and sketched at ECCC/witnessed by your friends at CGC?

I'm planning to get a Stan Lee signature and witnessed! First I need to decide which book...

I have never had a book graded, but I may at ECCC. I've met Stan a number of times, long ago he wasn't charging for autographs but times change. I probably will have my Amazing Spider-Man #300 signed on the cover by him and do the CGC Signature Series thing. Problem is my complete run of Amazing #298-328 are all signed by McFarlane on the inside of each issue in blue ink on the front page. 20+ years ago I used to deliver to Todd's comic store he owned here locally so I would see him and have him sign my books so I have a bunch of stuff in boxes he signed back then (Spawn, Spider-Man, Amazing, etc). I just don't know if this will effect anything when I have the #300 graded by CGC.I guess I will find out soon enough.

I have been setting up at ECCC since 2005, its an amazingly fun show and yes as everyone has said, it has gotten bigger and better as the years have passed. Regarding panels, they generally get booked up (depending on the panel that is) my best advice is show up to the panel about 90 minutes before and just see what the line is like, and perhaps check back every 30 minutes after that, you should be able to get in to those panels you want to see that way.

There will be a lot of people lining up each day to get into the show itself, that is a given. Saturday is the biggest day, people tend to line up around 7:30am or so. As an exhibitor I generally get there to prep and see old friends and I usually see people already waiting in the queue area.

What's the name of your store or which vendor are you?

This'll be my fist ECCC. Was only able to get Friday passes so, I'm ISO 2 Sat passes. May just take Saturday to cruise around and check out the town, lots to do. Have a few pieces set up for the show and def excited to see some artist friends! Woohoo!

Seems like every single ticket has been pre-sold for :applause: ECCC. Can't even get in on the Friday by standing at the gate early and trying to pay cash, as ECCC is totally sold out. Congrats to their promoters!

Still looking for exhibitor badge PM me if u have an extra for sale. Thanks

I think you're going to have a hard time finding an exhibitor willing to sell you a badge if they don't know you well; it's just too much exposure in case you do something either stupid or illegal at the Con. They'd face the repercussions from your actions.

So, CGC will be onsite at ECCC. Any onsite grading? Or are they going to stiff us on the west coast again?

Jerome

There's no onsite grading at ECCC - all subbed books will go back to Florida as usual.