• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

there was one hitman called the "Iceman' who would go in a bar and spill his drink on victim. There's a chemical which pulls any solute into the bloodstream....solutes like Cyanide.....

They made a decent movie about it.

Disturbing because it was true!

The%2BIceman%2BTeaser%2BPoster.jpg

Thats the dude-havent seen the movie did he do the drink thing in it?

Classic sociopath BTW. Ps sociopath does not necessarily mean criminal. You could be living with a sociopath and not know it. Here's a test-ask them:

A woman goes to her father's funeral and meets the man of her dreams her soul mate. But he leaves before she can get his number.

A week later she murders her sister. Why do you think she did that?

Does that fact that I don't know the answer to this question mean I am relatively normal or that I am a sociopath?

I"m guessing the options are either to murder the sister to get the guy to show up to another family funeral, or maybe the non-sociopath thing to do would be to check the guest book and see if any single men signed and approach it that way...

^^

there was one hitman called the "Iceman' who would go in a bar and spill his drink on victim. There's a chemical which pulls any solute into the bloodstream....solutes like Cyanide.....

Classic sociopath BTW. Ps sociopath does not necessarily mean criminal. You could be living with a sociopath and not know it. Here's a test-ask them:

A woman goes to her father's funeral and meets the man of her dreams her soul mate. But he leaves before she can get his number.

Does that fact that I don't know the answer to this question mean I am relatively normal or that I am a sociopath?

I"m guessing the options are either to murder the sister to get the guy to show up to another family funeral, or maybe the non-sociopath thing to do would be to check the guest book and see if any single men signed and approach it that way...

You would be diagnosed as a sociopath as anyone else wouldn't even be able to conceive the answer to get him to show up at another funeral....but it is not necessarily a bad thing. The emotional detachment of a sociopath can make the greatest heroes....or villains....

I too have not read this entire thread but I get the jist of it.

Would it be more conducive to discretely "tattoo" the interior of the book with the CGC number to prevent this kind of fiasco? I think it would certainly prevent the books from going through the resubmittal and screwing up the census.

If i remember correctly, PSA/DNA has invisible ink. CGC could use that to barcode a book.

THEY BETTER NOT.

I don't want them adding chemicals to a book I won.

If I take it out and keep it raw why should they keep their mark on it

If they were to use invisible UV ink to "tattoo" the book in an inconspicuous area inside the book what difference would it make to you? Just means that if someone were to resubmit the book for grading it would come up in the CGC system as a book that had already been graded.

At least the customer could be notified that the book had previously been graded. I'm sure there are other logical advantages that could come of this!

That the book was previously means squat.

The person breaks it out for SS or mishandles it. IT results in new grade. The tattoo will accomplish nothing except add chemicals to a book that is sensitive to chemicals

So tell me why someone would break it out of a holder, mis-handle it and then submit it to expect a higher grade??????????????????????

They might resub after SS

They might break it open to read for their own collection and decide to reesub knowing it will get a lower grade. Is CGC supposed to re-Tattoo a book each time it comes in?

+1 Tattooing a book is pointless. Especially if you are a SS freak and keep breaking it out to have more names put on.

I once had a book I crack Multiple times and Had 9 sigs on it

The book would only be tagged with invisible ink once. Then cgc could document its history linked to that serial number. Would actually be able to track the provenance.

A Little water and the key could be reased

And I suppose the water would help to increase the grade and value of the book?

Dab some water on a Qtip and use that to smudge the code. Or get the book pressed.

The process will affect the chemicals in the UV. Either way the code will never work. To many ways around it

I liked the movie, Michael Shannon was great, but take the story with a grain of salt. The guy was a psychopath and a murderer, but if you read up on him, it's pretty clear he highly embellished his story.

yah, this thread was on point holding CGC to task for their MANY deficiencies. Now, its become just general discussion with no topic.

I suppose its in holding pattern until CGC release some information.

I'm pretty sure if You gave me a stereomicroscope and some trimmed and untrimmed books and a few hours I would have a 100% error-free trimming detection rate.....

I think you boast of claims that you know nothing about.

With a degree in Biology and previous forensics experience I have a pretty good grasp of what is possible to accomplish with a stereomicroscope. Coloration and surface changes in pulp over time is something quantifiable.

Wasn't your degree in Physics a few days ago? One degree in the WC, a different one here. You truly are multi-talented.

It's amazing where a thread goes. I left for a while and when I come back, it's no longer a thread about CGC's mistake, but rather about sociopaths. :facepalm:

Sure, why not. Apparently, sociopaths are everywhere. Why should the boards be an exception?

It's amazing where a thread goes. I left for a while and when I come back, it's no longer a thread about CGC's mistake, but rather about sociopaths. :facepalm:

Sure, why not. Apparently, sociopaths are everywhere. Why should the boards be an exception?

The boards are where sociopaths come to relax.

You would be diagnosed as a sociopath as anyone else wouldn't even be able to conceive the answer to get him to show up at another funeral....but it is not necessarily a bad thing. The emotional detachment of a sociopath can make the greatest heroes....or villains....

I think you did that wrong. I think you say she forgot to get the number and ask how she would go about getting it. If the person then answers kill another family member then they would be a sociopath.

I think you did that wrong. I think you say she forgot to get the number and ask how she would go about getting it. If the person then answers kill another family member then they would be a sociopath.

Thank you! That makes much more sense

This thread has definitely taken a weird turn. But the good thing is I think it can be pushed over 100 pages.

I thought the correct answer was to get the entire inheritance.

Thank you! That makes much more sense

This thread has definitely taken a weird turn. But the good thing is I think it can be pushed over 100 pages.

Guy was her sister's husband, but she and the sister are estranged, even though they are identical twins. They no longer speak. They haven't seen each other in 20 years, so that's why no number was available. She then approached her sister, feigning reconciliation, but killed her, taking her sisters place, hoping to fool the husband, which worked like a charm, because the husband was a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. But, he was also an abuser, and eventually killed his "wife" because she didn't "remember" that she had slept with the neighbors 15 yr old son, and was supposed to stay away from him. The husband came home to find her chatting it up with him, and killed her in a fit of jealous rage.

He then dumped her body in a sinkhole near the edge of their property, coincidentally right next to where she had dumped her sisters body. So, they ended up together, much as they had started.

:devil:

I'm pretty sure if You gave me a stereomicroscope and some trimmed and untrimmed books and a few hours I would have a 100% error-free trimming detection rate.....

Not cost effective. If you need to take a few hours to examine a few, what makes you think CGC will spend the labor cost and time on something like this? Even if you only examine suspected ones, think of how many of the well-done micro-trimmed ones will slip through without being suspected and detected. You cannot examine every single comic that way to be 100% sure.