• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I didn't think the post credits scene was worth the wait...maybe i missed something...?!?

I like the mid credit scene with the twins....and Baron Von Strucker...

Edited by Mark 1

I loved this movie! Halfway through it I said to myself "man that is Robert freakin Redford in a comic book movie! So Awesome!"

AGREED. Loved seeing him in this. True legend.

Great to see him in the movie as he is a great actor...but I thought he aged horribly. He just looks bad overall....to me at least

I loved this movie! Halfway through it I said to myself "man that is Robert freakin Redford in a comic book movie! So Awesome!"

Great to see him in the movie as he is a great actor...but I thought he aged horribly. He just looks bad overall....to me at least

The dude is 77 - he looks pretty good for 77. That's almost 80.

His skin started doing something strange as he aged but he's always looked great other wise. He was probably the biggest stud of his era. The Brad Pitt / Johnny Depp of the 70's and he still looks decent.

Anybody ever notice that he and Brad Pitt look like father / son?

I'll agree with Roy, the man is 77. Redford took a lot of flack after "Indecent Proposal" for allowing them to "soften" the camera lense on his close ups. I'd rather him be who he is than "touched up" in a way, it was much more visceral that way, at least to me.

The dude is 77 - he looks pretty good for 77. That's almost 80.

His skin started doing something strange as he aged but he's always looked great other wise. He was probably the biggest stud of his era. The Brad Pitt / Johnny Depp of the 70's and he still looks decent.

Anybody ever notice that he and Brad Pitt look like father / son?

True, he is getting up there so i'll give him that. But, yes his skin just looks bad.

Regardless, he was a stud back in the day and women loved him.

Here is my review of the movie if you want to check it out.

(thumbs u

Is Brian Patrick Carroll a relative of yours? :)

Ha! No, but that is partially where the idea came from. My friend was goofing around before a movie started. He put a popcorn bucket on his head and pretended he was BPC. Then the wheels starting turning. For better or for worse.

It's silly, I know. But I have fun doing it.

Not a baseball fan and dislike Redford's politics, but "The Natural" is one of my top 10 movies. Glad to see him doing well.

Just watched Winter Soldier again. First time with wife. She thought it was ok, but didn't understand what Shield and Hydra was all about. Tried to explain it is sort of like CIA versus KGB and the KGB infiltrated the CIA. I didn't do a very good job. She said Bourne Identity is much better. She actually nodded off a couple times during the slow parts.