• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

Also saw it yesterday. It was a very fun movie all around.

Is there some background about the intense bond that was apparent in the movie between Widow and Fury? She, for a former KGB agent and general badass, seemed extremely distraught over Fury's situation. Someone like Hill I could maybe understand, but with the Widow it seemed unusual.

Is there some background about the intense bond that was apparent in the movie between Widow and Fury? She, for a former KGB agent and general badass, seemed extremely distraught over Fury's situation. Someone like Hill I could maybe understand, but with the Widow it seemed unusual.

Fury brought her over from the dark side.

Yup.

Hawkeye was supposed to kill Natasha, as revealed in the Avengers.

He didn't, and now she is a member of SHIELD.

Fury must have played a large part in that transition.

Yup.

Hawkeye was supposed to kill Natasha, as revealed in the Avengers.

He didn't, and now she is a member of SHIELD.

Fury must have played a large part in that transition.

Indeed. Something which could be explored in her own movie or Cap 3.

Saw the other day and really enjoyed it! Picked up the first trade for Brubaker's Cap run and am excited to read it.

Really surprising for me as Captain America has always seemed pretty boring.

Saw the other day and really enjoyed it! Picked up the first trade for Brubaker's Cap run and am excited to read it.

I felt the same way for years....Cap was boring to me. I didn't read the Brubaker story when it came out and disregarded the whole Cap is dead thing as hype. But, I have to admit it's excellent writing and I really enjoyed the story.

I felt the same way for years....Cap was boring to me. I didn't read the Brubaker story when it came out and disregarded the whole Cap is dead thing as hype. But, I have to admit it's excellent writing and I really enjoyed the story.

Yes, my sentiments exactly!

+1

Went to a Monday evening matinee, which is the way to do it. Practically a private showing on the cheap. :applause:

Really enjoyed it. Engaging story with a bit of mystery and The Falcon was a great addition. "I do what he does, only slower." lol (thumbs u

One overriding thought (as a DC fan): They've got to figure out a way for Batman to fight like Cap did on screen. Yeah, Batman isn't "super", but he needs that level of on-screen energy and flexibility. Some constrained guy in a thick wetsuit isn't going to cut it anymore. Batman needs to fight, jump, roll, flip and climb like he does in DC animation, like Cap did in the movie. Someone in peak ultra-athletic condition, trained, zero hesitation, quick.

Figure it out DC. :makepoint:

Went to a Monday evening matinee, which is the way to do it. Practically a private showing on the cheap. :applause:

Really enjoyed it. Engaging story with a bit of mystery and The Falcon was a great addition. "I do what he does, only slower." lol (thumbs u

One overriding thought (as a DC fan): They've got to figure out a way for Batman to fight like Cap did on screen. Yeah, Batman isn't "super", but he needs that level of on-screen energy and flexibility. Some constrained guy in a thick wetsuit isn't going to cut it anymore. Batman needs to fight, jump, roll, flip and climb like he does in DC animation, like Cap did in the movie. Like a hero in peak ultra-athletic condition, trained, zero hesitation, quick.

Batman's costume is stupid.

Batman's costume is stupid.

lol

I watched a B movie on Netflix last night, The Warrior's Way. It was ridiculously fun, the stylized (comic book) fight sequences.

If they can put that kind of energy and visuals in a B movie like that, they can figure out a way to put Batman on screen. Period. There's just no excuse anymore. :sumo:

Timm gets gets it right in the animation. Superman is in awe of Batman, needs Batman's respect. And Batman knows it.

If DC can't manage to capture that relationship on film, they're screwed. And the Cap I saw would mop the floor with Nolan's Batman. When they should be on par.

One overriding thought (as a DC fan): They've got to figure out a way for Batman to fight like Cap did on screen. Yeah, Batman isn't "super", but he needs that level of on-screen energy and flexibility. Some constrained guy in a thick wetsuit isn't going to cut it anymore. Batman needs to fight, jump, roll, flip and climb like he does in DC animation, like Cap did in the movie. Someone in peak ultra-athletic condition, trained, zero hesitation, quick.

Maybe a stand-in for BA during the intense action scenes?

hm

-slym

Happy to say that after reading the first 7 issues, it's AWESOME!

DC needs to step it up with this next Batman/Superman movie or they are done.

I bet that is some of the conversation taking place at Warner. You can't build out a successful franchise if it is hit-or-miss whether or not each movie is going to be financially sound and assist in building out the DC brand further.

Man of Steel opened the door. The next movie could close it just as fast if it fails to meet expectations. I just have a feeling Warner senior management won't let this one fail. Especially when the CEO of Warner personally gets involved, including setting up the meeting with Dwayne Johnson to get his commitment on at least one film project.