• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Captain America worth seeing in 3D?

23 posts in this topic

Sorry to make another thread, well, not really. I'm afraid I'll read a spoiler in the other threads.

Just curious if the 3D is blah or it adds anything to the movie.

Thanks in advance! (thumbs u

other than Gravity and Avatar have there been any movies that were worth paying the extra $ for to see in 3D? it's a colossal scam.

I'm of this same opinion, but it never hurts to ask.

Those are the only two movies I've ever seen in 3D that I was satisfied with.

Sorry to make another thread, well, not really. I'm afraid I'll read a spoiler in the other threads.

Just curious if the 3D is blah or it adds anything to the movie.

Thanks in advance! (thumbs u

The best use of 3D in Winder Soldier was the trailer for Spider-Man before the movie.

It was spectacular 3D in that trailer. The Cap movie was great but it didn't need 3D at all.

other than Gravity and Avatar have there been any movies that were worth paying the extra $ for to see in 3D? it's a colossal scam.

I'm of this same opinion, but it never hurts to ask.

Those are the only two movies I've ever seen in 3D that I was satisfied with.

I'm generally not a fan of 3-D as it usually feels either too obvious or unnecessary, but did feel it added to the experience with Gravity.

As for Avatar, I watched that on blu-ray, and while 3D may have enhanced the experience, I find Cameron's movies from True Lies on to be efforts of well executed mediocrity.

There are some movies that make good use of 3D. However, I have found that Marvel Studios makes 3D available only for the extra $$ (much like how they make variants hm ) but the movies themselves don't cater to the gimmick.

For future reference, Cinema Blend reviews just the 3D aspect of new movies and rates the effectiveness of the 3D without talking about the content of the movie.

To 3D Or Not To 3D