• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

This book doesn't seem all that rare (in my area). I saw a solid stack of 10 or so at one LCS (haven't visited the other 7 shops in town).

Fixed it

Why don't we wait until the published numbers are out for this book before you make a case for being legitimately rare.

I haven't had trouble finding this issue in any lcs but I would say 80% of the copies I did find still on the shelf had significant surface creasing and indents on the covers.

This book doesn't seem all that rare (in my area). I saw a solid stack of 10 or so at one LCS (haven't visited the other 7 shops in town).

Fixed it

Why don't we wait until the published numbers are out for this book before you make a case for being legitimately rare.

I haven't had trouble finding this issue in any lcs but I would say 80% of the copies I did find still on the shelf had significant surface creasing and indents on the covers.

Yep, if you hold these in the right light, it is easy to find defects. My question is this. Are these going to be considered printing defects or just plain old damage ?

Fixed it

Yep, if you hold these in the right light, it is easy to find defects. My question is this. Are these going to be considered printing defects or just plain old damage ?

I was wondering the same, but with some boardies stating they've got pristine copies, then it would appear that it's not a production defect(s) that affected the entire run, so I'm thinking CGC will grade them normally and not consider any kind of defect. If that's the case, then the copies I have are 9.6's, which would probably press out to 9.8's.

:sorry:

Fixed it

I examined about 15-20 issues, and didn't see these issues. Maybe some regions were distributed bad batches.

Fixed it

I examined about 15-20 issues, and didn't see these issues. Maybe some regions were distributed bad batches.

They could be. Mine came from New York and not the midwest.

Fixed it

Picked my copy up in Central Florida, all on the shelf were pristine.

Fixed it

They could be. Mine came from New York and not the midwest.

Ordered mine through DCBS both reg and variant. All arrived pristine... :whee:

You bunch of lucky SOBs with your prestine books, eat worms, I hate you.

Yeah! Eat gummy worms you guys with pristine Southern Bastards 1's... and send some copies my way while you're at it!

:hehe:

The majority of defects I've seen are from the east coast. Most of the defects look unlike anything I've ever seen on a comic. They are NOT uniform. I have 1 book that looks like somebody smashed a worm with the back cover. You look straight at the comic, you don't see it. Look from the side, still not there. Hold in just the right light and whammo, there it is, plain as day. (shrug)

Corners are perfect, spine is perfect, and you would think they are super clean books at first glance. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Hmmm if CGC does in fact nick books for this defect, I imagine that's going to make the variants that much more valuable. Might be time to pick up a few...

I'm sure you could find a way to make them look valuable, even if they turn out not to be. hm

Seriously, do you have any idea what a fool you make yourself appear? You constantly talk about stepping back from selling (and in fact stepping back from the boards generally) and then follow it up with this sort of guff.

Hmmm if CGC does in fact nick books for this defect, I imagine that's going to make the variants that much more valuable. Might be time to pick up a few...

I'm sure you could find a way to make them look valuable, even if they turn out not to be. hm

Seriously, do you have any idea what a fool you make yourself appear? You constantly talk about stepping back from selling (and in fact stepping back from the boards generally) and then follow it up with this sort of guff.

I heard the east coast portion of the print run was damaged in a massive crash while on the exact same delivery route as the Mind the Gap #2 truck.

Everything burned, except for the comics, which received minor spine dings.