• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Case in point is the East of West RRP. I know a guy who managed to get at least 11 the last time we spoke about it. He purchased most of them for around $20 which I think most would agree is expensive for a NEW 40 page comic. The cheapest I ever saw the book was around $100 which I was not willing to pay for a #1 issue released months after the first issue. I think you would have trouble finding a bigger supporter of EoW than me but everyone has their limits.

Anyway, I feel that the RRP diminshes the the value of the other #1s as do the FP and Ghost variants. 2c

I agree with your point about the # of variants pushing the price downs on the regular #1. However, i do believe if east of west only had an rrp and the regular issue the prices for the regular issue would be much higher.

Also, not a fan of shop variants either.

Edited by jreezy

I love the vibe this comic gives off. #2 got a little supernatural there at the end. Good stuff.

I haven't been able to get over to the LCS to get it. Supernatural you say ? I wasn't expecting that... hm

It flirts with it but one could easily just read it as some rather poignant coincidence as well.

I mentioned this in my brief review for 'Rama, but this is def. a must read for fans of Southern Gothic literature, i.e. Faulkner, O'Connor, etc. Something really brilliant going on with this book. <3

I mentioned this in my brief review for 'Rama, but this is def. a must read for fans of Southern Gothic literature, i.e. Faulkner, O'Connor, etc. Something really brilliant going on with this book. <3

I think its a good read for anyone who grew up or has ever lived in the rural south. I haven't read issue 2 yet (will this weekend) but issue 1 reminded me a lot of the people and places I grew up around in rural southeastern NC.

The "Devil in the TV" comment is something I've heard on more than one occasion. When i was in elementary school I remember having friends in my class that went to a very conservative church. When we would watch a video or anything on the television in class, they would have to sit behind the TV because they weren't allowed to watch TV based on religious beliefs. They weren't Amish or Mennonite, I think they were from a Holiness church. They were allowed to hear the TV, they just couldn't watch it.