• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern Bastards from Image
2 2

989 posts in this topic

Print run is in the 35k - 40k range.

Imagine that.

I thought of that conversation when I read that SB was #50 on Comichron's list yesterday. That's why I say hey man nice shot. lol

Thanks! Now I have the Filter song in my head... lol

lol

You and me both but at least it's a good one. (thumbs u

+1

Anyone remember Mighty KC by For Squirrels? Another song about Kurt Cobain that was out at the same time.

Imagine that.

I thought of that conversation when I read that SB was #50 on Comichron's list yesterday. That's why I say hey man nice shot. lol

lol

+1

Anyone remember Mighty KC by For Squirrels? Another song about Kurt Cobain that was out at the same time.

Yep, by the grace of God go I...

Imagine that.

lol

+1

Yep, by the grace of God go I...

Great song. And...great album. Sadly, most of For Squirrels died in a van accident right as that album was about to hit shelves.

Krighton: Yes, variants are included.

So, will the relatively high print run for issue #1, will that hurt or help the value of the variants. Meaning, will the 1k print runs on the variants make them more attractive to collectors than the 30k plus regular issue print run.

Sheltered, Manifest Destiny, and East of West have all seen all seen premiums ranging from 150% to 300% for the limited variants excluding the RRP and LBCC so I wouldn't be surprised to see that with Southern Bastards. I would think that if the regular #1 cover brings $10, the variants should be somewhere around $20 or higher. 2c

So, will the relatively high print run for issue #1, will that hurt or help the value of the variants. Meaning, will the 1k print runs on the variants make them more attractive to collectors than the 30k plus regular issue print run.

Sheltered, Manifest Destiny, and East of West have all seen all seen premiums ranging from 150% to 300% for the limited variants excluding the RRP and LBCC so I wouldn't be surprised to see that with Southern Bastards. I would think that if the regular #1 cover brings $10, the variants should be somewhere around $20 or higher. 2c

I am of a different opinion on this, as I think we are about to see a backlash on shop variants (if it hasn't already begun). Print run aside, I'd much rather have the regular cover. To me, that's the "true" 1st issue.

Maybe I'm alone on this (doubt it), but I just hate the concept of shop variants, and the fact that anyone can essentially buy one as long as they commit to at least 1,000 copies of the book. The only variant I would not classify as such would be the CBLDF variant.

Of course, the other major factor is the quality of the art itself. If the cover is amazing, then that might warrant a bump on its own, or move it to the top of the list of comparable variants. In this case, my money is on Third Eye. IMO, that's the best cover of all of 'em (regular cover included). I just wish it was the cover to the regular #1, rather than a shop variant.

I am of a different opinion on this, as I think we are about to see a backlash on shop variants (if it hasn't already begun). Print run aside, I'd much rather have the regular cover. To me, that's the "true" 1st issue.

Maybe I'm alone on this (doubt it), but I just hate the concept of shop variants, and the fact that anyone can essentially buy one as long as they commit to at least 1,000 copies of the book. The only variant I would not classify as such would be the CBLDF variant.

Of course, the other major factor is the quality of the art itself. If the cover is amazing, then that might warrant a bump on its own, or move it to the top of the list of comparable variants. In this case, my money is on Third Eye. IMO, that's the best cover of all of 'em (regular cover included). I just wish it was the cover to the regular #1, rather than a shop variant.

We are in agreement over the number of shop variants. I too believe there are too many variants period. I wa just pointing to the fact that many of these, though not all, bring more $$$ on ebay than their regular cover counterparts.

I personally dislike the RRP, the 1:10, 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1:100, 1:200, and 1:300 books even more than the shop variants. Everyone typically can afford a shop variant while the RRPs and the like present a clear case of the "haves" and "have nots".

Case in point is the East of West RRP. I know a guy who managed to get at least 11 the last time we spoke about it. He purchased most of them for around $20 which I think most would agree is expensive for a NEW 40 page comic. The cheapest I ever saw the book was around $100 which I was not willing to pay for a #1 issue released months after the first issue. I think you would have trouble finding a bigger supporter of EoW than me but everyone has their limits.

Anyway, I feel that the RRP diminshes the the value of the other #1s as do the FP and Ghost variants. 2c

Anyway, I feel that the RRP diminshes the the value of the other #1s as do the FP and Ghost variants. 2c

Isn't this good though, if you take away the that need to hoard regular copies of #1 by hoarder collectors by giving them something more collectible to focus on. That way the #1 regular remains affordable to whomever wishes to jump into the title. Sure, you can call it a manufactured collectible, but it's a collectible nonetheless. Just my thoughts.

I like RRP's, as they seem to be more of an "official" release to me. Con exclusives are fine as well, as they come directly from the publisher and/or creators. I hate shop variants.

Edited by jjeanius

Isn't this good though, if you take away the that need to hoard regular copies of #1 by hoarder collectors by giving them something more collectible to focus on. That way the #1 regular remains affordable to whomever wishes to jump into the title. Sure, you can call it a manufactured collectible, but it's a collectible nonetheless. Just my thoughts.

I guess it depends on your point of view. I've never purchased the RRP because of the price. It was the advertised cover for months prior to release and what I based my pre-order on. I like it a lot better than the regular green cover and I wish they would have made the RRP the green. They did try to make it up on issue #8 but it was brown. Ugh. lol

I guess it depends on your point of view. I've never purchased the RRP because of the price. It was the advertised cover for months prior to release and what I based my pre-order on. I like it a lot better than the regular green cover and I wish they would have made the RRP the green. They did try to make it up on issue #8 but it was brown. Ugh. lol

:roflmao:

Whats up dude ?

Whats up dude ?

Same old doing some planning for my girlfriends surprise Party tomorrow. :banana:

Whats up dude ?

Same old doing some planning for my girlfriends surprise Party tomorrow. :banana:

:banana: