• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

I finally have a nice copy of this book. My favorite cover of all time. I think Steranko did a wonderful job of capturing action in this shot. How Jean has her head tilted, and Angel's expression...love the colors as well. God I'm an X-Men addict...

x49.jpg

Well thought I'd try and breath new life into this thread that my friend Pov so astutely began. Didn't want to post these in the Pedigree thread cause MH2 IS NOT A PEDIGREE despite where they have it on the CGC label - your the best Steve BUT that one's a slap in the face to all the other Peds. makepoint.gif

Anyway picked these up at the Oakland Con, as I said and many others supported it was a buyers show with LOTS of great books on the floor.

ST135-MH2.jpg

ST173-MH2.jpg

Well thought I'd try and breath new life into this thread that my friend Pov so astutely began. Didn't want to post these in the Pedigree thread cause MH2 IS NOT A PEDIGREE despite where they have it on the CGC label - your the best Steve BUT that one's a slap in the face to all the other Peds. makepoint.gif

Anyway picked these up at the Oakland Con, as I said and many others supported it was a buyers show with LOTS of great books on the floor.

ST135-MH2.jpg

ST173-MH2.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

Best copy of that book (which is notoriously hard to find in top shape) I've seen. Can't see much wrong with it according to the scan - how'd you grade it?

Ok here are the defects on the 135:

- 2 color flecks along the left edge FC next to Dr. Strange's head.

- Top left corner has a slight abrasion

- The are 2 faint stresses on the spine

And thats it, there is ZERO surface wear front and back - the QP is 98-99 - the gloss is all there, colors are rich, White Pages and a bone white Back Cover. I think it has a shot at 9.4

On the 173:

I really cant see anything wrong with the 173 (which is why I paid over 9.2 guide for it raw) One of the corners - bottom left is not as razor sharp as the others. I'd be very surprised if it came back lower than 9.6.

Ok course these babies aren't going to find there way to Sarasota - I like the corners the way they are. makepoint.gif Plus they are for my personal collection and just present so beautifully in a Mylar and FB. cloud9.gif

Also thanks to Rocketeer, I gave Chicago Comics another try per his recommendation and I came away with this and a few others. First Hulk/Subbie isssue in VF/VF+ for 1/3 guide! It has been a lucky week in comics. grin.gif

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

TTAs seem to be overlooked when compared to other SA Marvel titles. 8.0 or better copies can be had for a fraction of guide...which is why I collect them. wink.gif

Can't go wrong with these. Shoud have let me know earlier I think I gave my nice copy of issue #93 away to Arex and I recently sold a 9.0 #100 for a song. poke2.gif

I think I gave my nice copy of issue #93 away to Arex

Ouch. That one hurt. tonofbricks.gif That's the one issue in the series I am actively seeking...the rest I just pick up when I can get them cheap.