• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have A Cigar

1,373 posts in this topic

This just arrived today. I don't give a [#@$%!!!] about the PLOD, it's an awesome book! cloud9.gif

826562-detective128.jpg

Nice...I need more PLODs!! sumo.gif

I just got this one from Redbeard's Book Den. Despite the obvious flaws, this is a really glossy book.

827297-batman171.jpg

827297-batman171.jpg.82ed7ca85344ebb458ee6ccbbc6b7ce5.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif That book constitutes the begining of my Batman run, IE I will collect no lower than that issue. Looks great - I have been looking for a 9.2 copy that does not have cream pages for quite some time now. That book is much more difficult IMO than the Scarecrow app.(#189) above it and the Penguin app. (#155)below it. Nice pickup, from a great dealer. thumbsup2.gif

Just in from Heritage:DSCN1352.jpg

Feast your eyes on this baby.

The bonus is I got it for half price the prior copy sold for, and the all time low GPA price. 893applaud-thumb.gif

One of my childhood favorites in CGC 9.6 White. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

99_1_b.JPG

I had to swipe the pic from the auciton. I bought a new scanner, and it is not "CGC friendly".

8.5s cloud9.gif

I feel the same way on the older books...when the book arrived I was unable to see the reason for the grade but upon closer inspection I found the grade to be spot on...even still...I am pleased to be the proud owner of it... cloud9.gif

Nice books everybody... thumbsup2.gif

Here's one of my latest aquisitions...

b_b61cgclabel.jpg

b_b61cgcfront.jpg

Congrats, Ar!

I own a 9.0 Green River copy of that book, along with an 8.5 copy of #62 that I bought raw from Greggy. They're among my favorite covers!

Nice books everybody... thumbsup2.gif

Here's one of my latest aquisitions...

b_b61cgclabel.jpg

b_b61cgcfront.jpg

Congrats, Ar!

I own a 9.0 Green River copy of that book, along with an 8.5 copy of #62 that I bought raw from Greggy. They're among my favorite covers!

One of my favorite B&B covers. thumbsup2.gif

Here is a beauty from my collection. Picked it up about 15 years ago for $40. I got it because I wanted to complete my collection of every appearance of that yellow costume on DD (and i did complete it). Its a real beauty but it was misbound and that caused a 1 inch stress mark on the top right on the back cover so it only grades out to a CGC 7.5. Cant complain though.

Almost perfect in every other way.

Amazing_Spiderman_16_(My_Copy)_Lite.jpg

If I smoked (which I don't) I really would light up a cigar. I finally did it! I purchased my first Golden Age book. This book was purchased from Mark Zaid on his Esquirecomics.com site. hi.gif Thanks Mark. It may just be a 3.0 (partly due to a note on the label stating that the cover is barely attached), but heck, for a 3.0 this book has beautiful eye appeal with a completely unfaded blood red cover. Anyway, I'm hyped on this book.

853806-Batman4.jpg

853806-Batman4.jpg.d2880305e7e89e4633c125016e687983.jpg

If I smoked (which I don't) I really would light up a cigar. I finally did it! I purchased my first Golden Age book. This book was purchased from Mark Zaid on his Esquirecomics.com site. hi.gif Thanks Mark. It may just be a 3.0 (partly due to a note on the label stating that the cover is barely attached), but heck, for a 3.0 this book has beautiful eye appeal with a completely unfaded blood red cover. Anyway, I'm hyped on this book.

853806-Batman4.jpg

Great book, congrats! 893applaud-thumb.gif Make sure you read the Joker story in the Batman archives, one of the best ever. gossip.gif