• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

Despite a 3 week head start ASM2 is about to get passed by DOFP...

ASM2 STILL hasn't broken 200 million....

It has taken Amazing Spider-Man 2 over forty-three days to finally hit this number.

BOX OFFICE: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Finally Reaches $700 Million Worldwide

With over $500 million from overseas, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has finally managed to hit the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office. It's has yet to top Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which has $710 million as of right now), while the fact that X-Men: Days of Future Past is closing in on $200 million in North America means that it has topped the Marc Webb helmed sequel to be the #1 summer movie. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will actually end up being the lowest grossing of the five films in the franchise domestically, but Sony must at least be reasonably happy with its overseas performances as it is second behind only Spider-Man 3's total of $554 million.

It has taken Amazing Spider-Man 2 over forty-three days to finally hit this number.

With over $500 million from overseas, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has finally managed to hit the $700 million mark at the worldwide box office. It's has yet to top Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which has $710 million as of right now), while the fact that X-Men: Days of Future Past is closing in on $200 million in North America means that it has topped the Marc Webb helmed sequel to be the #1 summer movie. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will actually end up being the lowest grossing of the five films in the franchise domestically, but Sony must at least be reasonably happy with its overseas performances as it is second behind only Spider-Man 3's total of $554 million.

I get a kick out of Josh Wilding`s bias against ASM2 in this article, as he writes that ASM 2 finally reaches 700 Million worldwide.

What he doesn`t point is that only Captain America : The Winter Soldier and yes

Amazing Spider-Man 2 are the only movies to have reached 700 million in 2014!

Yes, that is correct in that only Captain America : The Winter Soldier and ASM 2 have done 700 million and up this year at the box office.

There is a chance in about a week that ASM 2 will pass Captain America : The Winter Soldier as the top dog at the world wide box office for 2014!

I get a kick out of Josh Wilding`s bias against ASM2 in this article, as he writes that ASM 2 finally reaches 700 Million worldwide.

Yes, that is correct in that only Captain America : The Winter Soldier and ASM 2 have done 700 million and up this year at the box office.

There is a chance in about a week that ASM 2 will pass Captain America : The Winter Soldier as the top dog at the world wide box office for 2014!

lol

Except that Spiderman's box office continues to drop with each new flick while product costs continue to rise.

Captain America, on the other hand, was a tier 2 marvel character with little or no worldwide standing and an underwhelming box office for the first flick.

I'd say the take was right on the mark. Sony certainly expected the flick to make far more than it has, and it's been spending hard to drag the movie to the $700mm worldwide mark.

Not to mention that Godzilla had a bigger opening and could earn more in the U.S. than Amazing Spiderman 2. Who would have ever thought that on Jan. 1?

I think it is the slightly lagging domestic market he is pointing out in the article, as when you look at the other two movies they seem to be doing better from that aspect. Especially since the other Spider-Man movies in the franchise had a 34.6% to 49.1% domestic market, while maintaining an international range of 50.9% to 65.4%.

---------------

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Days: 63

Domestic: $256,059,625 (36.1%)

International: $454,000,000 (63.9%)

---------------

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Days: 43

Domestic: $197,677,000 (28.3%)

International: $501,928,000 (71.7%)

---------------

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Days: 22

Domestic: $199,065,000 (31.7%)

International: $427,933,000 (68.3%)

---------------

But the international results demonstrates comic book movies are a big export potential if even a half-decent -script is used. And and I am not taking any sides against ASM2. I haven't even watched this yet. And I will went it hits the rental market.

I think it is the slightly lagging domestic market he is pointing out in the article, as when you look at the other two movies they seem to be doing better from that aspect. Especially since the other Spider-Man movies in the franchise had a 34.6% to 49.1% domestic market, while maintaining an international range of 50.9% to 65.4%.

---------------

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Days: 63

Domestic: $256,059,625 (36.1%)

International: $454,000,000 (63.9%)

---------------

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Days: 43

Domestic: $197,677,000 (28.3%)

International: $501,928,000 (71.7%)

---------------

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Days: 22

Domestic: $199,065,000 (31.7%)

International: $427,933,000 (68.3%)

---------------

But the international results demonstrates comic book movies are a big export potential if even a half-decent -script is used. And and I am not taking any sides against ASM2. I haven't even watched this yet. And I will went it hits the rental market.

I know you have been very objective. (thumbs u

I was pointing out the author Josh Wilding seems to have a bias against ASM 2.

This isn`t the first article were he gave ASM 2 a dig.

I am just finding if amusing that in about a week to 10 days ASM 2 might be the highest box office movie of 2014.

Yeah it underperformed, but it looks like most movies would loved to have that kind of power overseas.

Look at Tom Cruise`s latest movie that is a box office bomb, as 22 Jump Street just destroyed it just like The Fault in our Stars did last week.

Believe me the studios would have loved The Edge of Tomorrow do the worldwide box office that ASM 2 did.

:)

Believe me the studios would have loved The Edge of Tomorrow do the worldwide box office that ASM 2 did.

:)

ASM2 killed it across the international market. Exceeding $500 MM is no small task. Even Captain America 2 is $47.9 MM below what ASM2 did in this market.

Hopefully Sony bumping out ASM3 to 2017 is because they want to reevaluate the -script, and ensure it really gets vetted to a level it can dominate worldwide.

lol

Except that Spiderman's box office continues to drop with each new flick while product costs continue to rise.

Captain America, on the other hand, was a tier 2 marvel character with little or no worldwide standing and an underwhelming box office for the first flick.

I'd say the take was right on the mark. Sony certainly expected the flick to make far more than it has, and it's been spending hard to drag the movie to the $700mm worldwide mark.

Not to mention that Godzilla had a bigger opening and could earn more in the U.S. than Amazing Spiderman 2. Who would have ever thought that on Jan. 1?

Maybe it`s just the USA market has grown tired of Spider-Man?

Same with Superman. Certain characters do start to gain a perception of being boring.

That`s one of the reasons why I liked the Man of Steel and ASM 2 movies because they were not boring. Unfortunately maybe some moviegoers in America thought different, so they stayed away, hence the mediocre domestic box office results. hm

lol

Maybe it`s just the USA market has grown tired of Spider-Man?

Same with Superman. Certain characters do start to gain a perception of being boring.

That`s one of the reasons why I liked the Man of Steel and ASM 2 movies because they were not boring. Unfortunately maybe some moviegoers in America thought different, so they stayed away hence the mediocre domestic box office results. hm

its weird area some wanted more from the films and characters closest to the comics and once they got it they wanted less of it.

ASM 2 has not fared as well at the box office because of Spidey and superhero fatigue starting to set in and because the last film was so poor and so poorly timed (way too soon for a reboot after the last Raimi film). It's a bit of a shame, really, because I thought ASM 2 was a lot better than the last 2 Spidey films - a solid B+ effort in my book compared to a C- for ASM and a D+ for SM 3.