• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

Does he actually carry a cell phone while fighting crime?

Peter's been answering the phone for years now. Not a great action shot but you get the gist of it. images_zps227cf622.jpeg

Where? You can see every inch of his body in that tight leotard suit.

Recently, in like 1963, Steve Ditko created a utility belt for Spider-Man.

ditko-spider-man-001_zpsac3ee056.jpg

I think you need to do some Spidey reading :makepoint:

I think you need to do some movie watching. :makepoint:

picfromspidey2_zps6a54c277.jpg

Nice utility belt Spidey. And while we're at it. Nice pockets. :roflmao:

hm

Maybe he stores it in his butt with Butch's gold watch.

"This cellphone and gold watch was given to me by your father..."

just saw the movie, def left a little to be desired but overall, a pretty good movie. id reccommend seeing it

now i didnt understand the point or need for the x-men trailer tease during the credits... (shrug) .

Goblin: was this some homage to Evil Ed from the 1980's Fright Night movie?

I thought the same thing!! lol

You're soooo cool Brewster!

:grin:

OMG :roflmao:

A true classic line if there ever was one. (worship)

Yea. Whatever kind of phone Spidey has. I want one.

Run over by cars. Beat to a pulp. Electrified. Slammed to the ground. Thrown against buildings.

No problem Phone is still good to go.

"Where does he get those wonderful toys"?

Saw it yesterday n i thought it was ok. The actions were pretty cool, love the chemistry between peter n gwen, but i felt that the pacing of the movie was too fast. Overall, it was good. Oh, n dane dehaan as harry rocked btw.

Just saw it. It didn't suck. Solid B+. Not to mention I feel this franchise is much better than the original franchise. Garfield to me portrays Spiderman much more in line than Toby ever did. Yeah.. I said it.

I couldnt agree more. I just got back from seeing ASM 2, and I really enjoyed it! Much more so than any of the maguire spidey films. Sure, it has its flaws, but overall, it was incredibly entertaining! I gotta hand it to Webb for directing some of the best action sequences in a superhero movie. Seriously, I think Webb has truly captured the magnificence of Spidey in action!

Also, Garfield adds so much more life and character to Parker/spidey, as opposed to maguire, (who I think is kind of boring). Garfield has an energy about him that maguire doesn't.

Overall, I give this film 3 out of 4 stars, and im really looking forward to the next one!

I saw it today. I would rate it 6 out of 10. Better than the first one, which on these boards I rated it 5 out of 10. My key observations, especially after seeing tonight on TNT Raimi's SM2:

1. Everything seems rushed in the Webb films. There isn't any sense of awe or that you're watching something special with new ground being broken. Yeah, some great fight choreography, but at the end of the day most of what we're watching is a computerized cartoon. I think how at least Captain America had real human being fight scenes with stuntmen, etc.

2. Why must all the bad guys be Oscorp creations? And why are Norman and Harry introduced now? Couldn't they have been introduced in ASM1? Where is JJJ and the Daily Bugle? Just glossed over. After two films the Peter Parker life tapestry could have been expanded, but we didn't really get there. MJ? Flash?

3. On the plus side, Emma Stone and Garfield click well on-screen. But outside of the two of them, I wasn't really inspired by what I was watching.

Just saw the movie and I enjoyed it.

I thought Rhino would be in the movie more than just a couple minutes at the end, considering his scene is most of the commercial for the movie.

Definitely worried about the Sinister Six in the next movie. That many villains in one movie is tough to do well.

Fun movie; I recommend it.

Thought it was ok. Was probably 2.5 stars out of 4.

The good-Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone. I thought the huge-key-spoiler scene in the movie was pretty well executed, even if it wasn't quite cannon. Effects seemed good. It didn't feel as overstuffed with villains as I had expected. Good "slingshot" ending to set up the next installment. Costume was an improvement.

The bad-The movie seemed like a collection of scenes rather than a coherent story. Norman Osborn wasted (Cooper could be really creepy as the Goblin). The entire storyline about Peter's parents is pretty silly and feels out of place. I don't think every Spiderman movie needs a "very special moment", but this one had one, just like most of the other have had. It's almost as if Uncle Ben never existed or played a part in Peter's decision to become Spiderman.

Overall, a decent movie. Not as bad as some have said it was, but it left me wanting in quite a few areas.

Just finished watching it with a few friends, thought it was good enough. Definitely better than the first one. What I liked about the film is the chemistry between Parker and Gwen. It seemed very real like any other love relationship. I also enjoyed the web slinging around the city. It's as if you're in a ride seeing first hand what to experience when Spidey maneuvers through buildings and how fast he webswings.

I liked the costume better as well more so than the Maguire costume. It doesn't have the traditional look, but it was more of a modern look with a lot of depth, The fight scenes were great.

The negatives were that I felt that Rhino didn't really belong in the movie having such a short moment in the film. They could've just done it with Electro and Goblin. Speaking of the Goblin, I also didn't like how Norman had some genetic disorder that made him look like a "goblin." How is that even possible? Was he exposed to something while experimenting at Oscorp? I don't think he was because he did mention that it lies genetically in the Osborne blood. That was strange to me.

I also didn't like how they still didn't introduce J.J. He is such an important part in the Spider-man storyline. Lastly, the storyline with the whole Uncle Ben and his parents too was just out there and didn't clearly explain it completely. I felt something was missing.

Overall it was entertaining. I still prefer the Maguire Spidey movies better. My grade would be a B.

And I forgot to add. Sony managed to screw up the Green Goblin costume yet again. :facepalm:

Dude how?

What do you want to see?

Sony isn't even coming close to screwing up Spider-man besides the flop of part 3.

Did you also want to see a yellow star on Elecktro? :eyeroll:

And I forgot to add. Sony managed to screw up the Green Goblin costume yet again. :facepalm:

Dude how?

What do you want to see?

Sony isn't even coming close to screwing up Spider-man besides the flop of part 3.

Did you also want to see a yellow star on Elecktro? :eyeroll:

Most probably he is leaning towards the Raimi test mask.

My only issue with the movie was that I don't think Sony understood their target audience. Spider-Man is supposed to be for young children, but the storyline of the movie is very dark. I could see a lot of kids being upset after seeing the movie.