• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

Sony just wants a cash cow and after these reviews I'm out...

Sad thing is I'm sure 90% of the people here will go and see this. And that is just what the greedy corporation wants. They don't care if you like it or not they got their money from you.

I can wait. Hell there are some comic movies that got bad reviews that I still haven't seen. Greed will keep churning these sub par flicks out as long as people keep watching them in droves. Want proof? How about the 70's planet of the ape sequels.

I boycott this slop! I learned this in the 90's when Batman turned super corny.

I got better things to do than feed their block buster schemes.

Get ready for Arnold Mr. Freeze next!

ASM 2 is way above

Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

Batman Returns maybe up there as one of the worst!

Batman Returns is lame and corny.

I can see the appeal of this film to the diehard Spidey fan because there was a lot in it to nerd-out about but overall the film wasn't very good. I enjoyed the prospect of watching the Sinister Six come to life just as everyone else did but I can't ignore the glaring and obvious flaws of the film.

There was an instance where a mad scientist tortured Jamie Foxx's character and the line of questioning was there in order to set him up to proclaim his new villainous alias, I mean, can it get anymore cliche?

Then a little later on in the film after having escaped from the holding facility "Electro" manages obtain a customized suit complete with lightning bolt insignias on the arm. lol , how?

I just found the movie to be a bit silly and aimed to appeal to young children and teenagers. A demographic that isn't really going to question the movie and enjoy the spectacle because despite all its flaws, the CGI and Spidey swinging from the rooftops was very impressive and the best to date.

'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Eyeing $37 Million Friday for $90 Million-Plus Weekend

Superhero sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is casting a strong web at the Friday box office and should swing past $90 million in its North American debut.

Heading into the weekend, pre-release tracking suggested the Sony tentpole, which officially kicks off the summer season, might cross $95 million and best the opening of recent blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier. That could still happen, particularly if families turn out in force on Saturday, as Sony is hoping.

If it is as bad as so many have stated already, what a shame if this surpasses 'Winter Soldier' when Sony needs to learn quality counts.

Superhero sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is casting a strong web at the Friday box office and should swing past $90 million in its North American debut.

Heading into the weekend, pre-release tracking suggested the Sony tentpole, which officially kicks off the summer season, might cross $95 million and best the opening of recent blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier. That could still happen, particularly if families turn out in force on Saturday, as Sony is hoping.

If it is as bad as so many have stated already, what a shame if this surpasses 'Winter Soldier' when Sony needs to learn quality counts.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." HL Mencken

A Spider-man movie is never going to have a bad opening weekend, it's one of the biggest and most recognizable properties in all of comics.

It's what happens in week 2, 3, 4, and 5 that'll make the difference.

A Spider-man movie is never going to have a bad opening weekend, it's one of the biggest and most recognizable properties in all of comics.

The last 4 Spider-Man movies have made less then the prior one at the domestic box office so there's that. With the so so reviews hard to see this movie breaking the trend.

Save your money guys - I went on freebee tickets (family is doing to ads on the theaters and we got lots of graft) and this is a steaming turd.

I saw people complaining about ASM's Garfield looking like a "twitchy meth addict", and OMG does that really come out in ASM2. He looks emaciated, his face now seems almost triangular, and he's twitchy like a heroin addict after a day in rehab.

What if a person goes in with very low expectations and a few pints/glasses/shots of his favorite adult beverage just kicking in at start of movie, could they possibly enjoy ASM2? (shrug)

I can see the appeal of this film to the diehard Spidey fan because there was a lot in it to nerd-out about but overall the film wasn't very good. I enjoyed the prospect of watching the Sinister Six come to life just as everyone else did but I can't ignore the glaring and obvious flaws of the film.

There was an instance where a mad scientist tortured Jamie Foxx's character and the line of questioning was there in order to set him up to proclaim his new villainous alias, I mean, can it get anymore cliche?

Then a little later on in the film after having escaped from the holding facility "Electro" manages obtain a customized suit complete with lightning bolt insignias on the arm. lol , how?

I just found the movie to be a bit silly and aimed to appeal to young children and teenagers. A demographic that isn't really going to question the movie and enjoy the spectacle because despite all its flaws, the CGI and Spidey swinging from the rooftops was very impressive and the best to date.

I agree that they aimed to appeal more to children. With that being said, there were some highlights in the film. Like you said, the CGI was great and the swinging was an absolute joy to watch in itself. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone's chemistry is unmatched and Dane Dehaan as the Goblin was incredible. Really wish he was the sole villain in this movie.

What if a person goes in with very low expectations

There is no such thing, it's a made-up term fanboys use to make a bad movie seem good.

Otherwise, you could just use "low expectations" to eat a manure sandwich every lunch to save money.

Just got back from seeing it with my wife.

1) I should have taken Joe Collectors advice and saved my money.

2) I almost fell asleep. Starting about the middle of the movie, all I could think about was, "I can't wait until this thing is over".

3) Is every villain someone that our hero knew before they became a villain?

4) What happens in a mall when someone shots off a couple of gun shots? Everyone scatters and/or hides. What happens in a Marvel movie when a super powered villain starts shooting at cops, or throwing mighty electrical shots at cops and buildings? They gather behind barricades and watch. With their kids.

5) What is the first thing cops do (apparently), when they show up to battle a super villain? They erect barricades so that the masses know where to stand to watch the battle. Cops must have very big trunks to store those metal barricades, in those cop cars.

5) OMG. This movie stinks.

You need to copyright this review as it's spot on. :applause:

There is no such thing, it's a made-up term fanboys use to make a bad movie seem good.

Otherwise, you could just use "low expectations" to eat a manure sandwich every lunch to save money.

Admit it, jc.

You were bitten by a radioactive Ditko when you were a teenager, weren't you?

But low expectations + adult beverages = good popcorn movie???

Admit it, jc.

I'm just irritated with this "you went in with too high expectations" or "Sure, the movie is bad, but I went in with low expectations, and I loved it!" idiocy. :facepalm:

The idea that "setting your expectations low" can turn something horrible into something great is so screwed up, it's not even funny. What do fanboys think this is, mass hypnosis? Can they really exert that kind of mental control to make themselves think that fried manure tastes like filet mignon if they go in to the meal with "low expectations"?

If people really believe this stupidity, then they have a serious mental disorder and should be committed.

Admit it, jc.

I'm just irritated with this "you went in with too high expectations" or "Sure, the movie is bad, but I went in with low expectations, and I loved it!" idiocy. :facepalm:

The idea that "setting your expectations low" can turn something horrible into something great is so screwed up, it's not even funny. What do fanboys think this is, mass hypnosis? Can they really exert that kind of mental control to make themselves think that fried manure tastes like filet mignon if they go in to the meal with "low expectations"?

If people really believe this stupidity, then they have a serious mental disorder and should be committed.

Do you have different expectations when eating at a Fast food joint versus a fine dining establishment?

The last 4 Spider-Man movies have made less then the prior one at the domestic box office so there's that. With the so so reviews hard to see this movie breaking the trend.

And that $35.5 million (which is just an estimate) is lower than any of the previous Spidey movies on opening Friday.

That and you have a Seth Rogan comedy next week, Godzilla the week after that and X-Men: Days of Future Past the week after that....

And once word gets out that Scarlett Johansson has a full frontal nude scene in the small independent sci-fi movie 'Under the Skin' (check the art house listings in your town), fanboys will have plenty of other options...

Admit it, jc.

Marvel is still able to print comics thanks to low expectations.