• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

And once word gets out that Scarlett Johansson has a full frontal nude scene in the small independent sci-fi movie 'Under the Skin' (check the art house listings in your town), fanboys will have plenty of other options...

Pretty sure you just 'put the word out' with this post. Google images just crashed...... :insane:

Sad thing is I'm sure 90% of the people here will go and see this. And that is just what the greedy corporation wants. They don't care if you like it or not they got their money from you.

It's sad that people want to go see a movie they are interested in? If I listened to just these boards, I don't think there is any movie I would go see, because there is always someone panning the movie.

With that said, my interest is not very high in this movie. But I don't begrudge others for going to see a movie they want to see.

No, the sad thing is that most will go see this movie even if it was just Spidey in a tutu!

These books were so well written and it's a shame to have to settle for less.

Only a hand full of these modern comic related movies will be classics that people enjoy decades from now (like Supes I and Bats I) :roflmao: and that's a shame.

Some of the deep character development deserve a better set of movies.

Books? Ohhh you mean comic books. As in for children. Yeah, these comic books rank right up there with all the literary classics. :eyeroll:

Sad thing is I'm sure 90% of the people here will go and see this. And that is just what the greedy corporation wants. They don't care if you like it or not they got their money from you.

It's sad that people want to go see a movie they are interested in? If I listened to just these boards, I don't think there is any movie I would go see, because there is always someone panning the movie.

With that said, my interest is not very high in this movie. But I don't begrudge others for going to see a movie they want to see.

No, the sad thing is that most will go see this movie even if it was just Spidey in a tutu!

These books were so well written and it's a shame to have to settle for less.

Only a hand full of these modern comic related movies will be classics that people enjoy decades from now (like Supes I and Bats I) and that's a shame.

Some of the deep character development deserve a better set of movies.

Wait, did you just say people will enjoy Batman (the 80s film) decades from now? My 9 year old didn't even want to finish it. The film has not aged well...

Saw Spidey 2 last night. As previous reviewers have mentioned the movie has a number of glaring weaknesses that, unfortunately begin and end with Andrew Garfield, so as the movie progresses he litters the screen with his cardboard presentation of Peter Parker.

Goblin: was this some homage to Evil Ed from the 1980's Fright Night movie? Thankfully his dialogue was kept to a minimum.

Dane Dehaan struck me as a wannabe DiCaprio with the way he attempted to draw on DiCaprio's onscreen mannerisms.

Oscorp is now apparently an under company for ACME Super Villain Kits. Guess more than a few origins are going to be rewritten going forward.

Another reviewer mentioned it, but I have to as well. Its hard to suspend disbelief when two super powered characters are battling while crowds are jamming in behind barricades to cheer for Spidey like it is some sporting event. The scene with the villain at the end highlighted this to absurdity. As for the actual scene itself? Did the director steal that off a promo card cartoon that he found inserted into a Hostess fruit pie or bag of Wonderbread back in 1975? The villain's outfit? Just lame. Horrible.

A few things I liked: the corporate espionage surrounding Parker and his wife, an early plane scene, and the station. I know someone mentioned they didn't like this plot element but I found it tied up neatly a big hole they created in the first movie.

Emma Stone, a bright spot who delivered on her character. Some have mentioned she may appear too old for Gwen but I thought her character was well done. Some have noted the onscreen chemistry with Garfield, I would say she is left with no option but to carry Garfield, through each scene.

Special effects are great, Electro was good, scripting for Electro , not so good.

The confrontation between Spidey, Goblin and Gwen was not drawn out a la Superman. It was fairly quick and done well. If Garfield had some depth, the scene could have had three times the impact.

Plot holes exist throughout the movie, don't slip and fall in, just keep munching the popcorn and enjoy seeing Spidey on the big screen. Garfield's performance drags it down to two stars. I know they won't replace him, so I can't wait till he steps away from the role.

Saw Spidey 2 last night. As previous reviewers have mentioned the movie has a number of glaring weaknesses that, unfortunately begin and end with Andrew Garfield, so as the movie progresses he litters the screen with his cardboard presentation of Peter Parker.

Goblin: was this some homage to Evil Ed from the 1980's Fright Night movie? Thankfully his dialogue was kept to a minimum.

Dane Dehaan struck me as a wannabe DiCaprio with the way he attempted to draw on DiCaprio's onscreen mannerisms.

Oscorp is now apparently an under company for ACME Super Villain Kits. Guess more than a few origins are going to be rewritten going forward.

Another reviewer mentioned it, but I have to as well. Its hard to suspend disbelief when two super powered characters are battling while crowds are jamming in behind barricades to cheer for Spidey like it is some sporting event. The scene with the villain at the end highlighted this to absurdity. As for the actual scene itself? Did the director steal that off a promo card cartoon that he found inserted into a Hostess fruit pie or bag of Wonderbread back in 1975? The villain's outfit? Just lame. Horrible.

A few things I liked: the corporate espionage surrounding Parker and his wife, an early plane scene, and the station. I know someone mentioned they didn't like this plot element but I found it tied up neatly a big hole they created in the first movie.

Emma Stone, a bright spot who delivered on her character. Some have mentioned she may appear too old for Gwen but I thought her character was well done. Some have noted the onscreen chemistry with Garfield, I would say she is left with no option but to carry Garfield, through each scene.

Special effects are great, Electro was good, scripting for Electro , not so good.

The confrontation between Spidey, Goblin and Gwen was not drawn out a la Superman. It was fairly quick and done well. If Garfield had some depth, the scene could have had three times the impact.

Plot holes exist throughout the movie, don't slip and fall in, just keep munching the popcorn and enjoy seeing Spidey on the big screen. Garfield's performance drags it down to two stars. I know they won't replace him, so I can't wait till he steps away from the role.

Couldn't agree more. If Tobey or younger version of him was playing Spidey this movie would have been much better. Garfield is just not an endearing Spider-Man. Doesn't make you root for him. Must have had connections to get the part. Definitely thought Dehaan was Leo's younger brother. Actually thought him and Stone carried the movie.

I think the movie could have been about 30min shorter. It dragged in the middle. Still worth watching.

You would have thought it would have debuted before school vacation week?

...and not after. :shrug:

Disclaimer: basing my imformation on the New England region (Massachusetts's was last week and NH's was this week).

In that box office mojo writeup that is part of what they noted Sony changed to attempt to make this a successful franchise again (I know - a solid story would help too).

In an attempt to turn things around, there were a few key changes made for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. First, it's improved the villain situation significantly: two new ones (Electro, Rhino) and one old favorite (the Green Goblin) are a collective step up from The Lizard. The franchise is also returning to the first weekend of May, where it previously set opening weekend records in 2002 ($114.8 million) and 2007 ($151.1 million).

I never caught that before, as it looks like Sony changed its release strategy with each movie (5/3/02, 6/30/04, 5/4/07, 7/3/12, 5/2/14).

Yeah, I just finished the first one on Blu (this afternoon-haven't seen it in seven years-still enjoyed it) and saw it opened on May 3rd in the trailer. I just figured it was a missed opportunity as the competition starts to crowd in as summer draws closer.

Yea. Okay.

I also didn't mention that people were dying while Spiderman was playing his hokey funny side. Telling jokes on a cell phone, while people (cops and citizens) were being run over. etc., etc.

Does he actually carry a cell phone while fighting crime? Where? You can see every inch of his body in that tight leotard suit.

(tsk) It's not a cell phone. It's a Spider-phone.

Please turn in your super-hero fan card at the door.

This was an interesting read. Point 5 is really interesting considering what a lot of people have said about her performance being one of the best things about the movie.

The Peter and Gwen scenes are the highlights of these Webb films. The Peter and MJ scenes were extremely weak in the Raimi films imo

Problems I had with the movie -

They completely abandoned who killed uncle Ben.

The parts with Richard Parker were not well done, and I felt the worst parts of the movie. They never explain why he had a Subway lab. Roosevelt was dumb.

Him seeing Dennis Leary repeatedly was out of place I felt.

Does he actually carry a cell phone while fighting crime?

Peter's been answering the phone for years now. Not a great action shot but you get the gist of it. images_zps227cf622.jpeg

Where? You can see every inch of his body in that tight leotard suit.

Recently, in like 1963, Steve Ditko created a utility belt for Spider-Man.

ditko-spider-man-001_zpsac3ee056.jpg

I think you need to do some Spidey reading :makepoint:

I think you need to do some movie watching. :makepoint:

picfromspidey2_zps6a54c277.jpg

Nice utility belt Spidey. And while we're at it. Nice pockets. :roflmao:

Peter's been answering the phone for years now. Not a great action shot but you get the gist of it. images_zps227cf622.jpeg

Nice utility belt Spidey. And while we're at it. Nice pockets.

Most of us men were not really paying too much attention to the groin area of a man wearing skin tight spandex. Just sayin.

Nice utility belt Spidey. And while we're at it. Nice pockets.

Most of us men were not really paying too much attention to the groin area of a man wearing skin tight spandex. Just sayin.

No one mentioned the groin. We were talking belts.

Nice try, but not a save.

Just sayin' :slapfight: