• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

Saw it last night... I might be in minority here, but I really liked it. I didnt think it suffered from too many villains there was really only 1 for the whole movie.

But I also love the Peter Gwen relationship. 500 Days is one of my favorite movies so as much as I love the action I also love the awkward romance part of it as well.

The theater I saw it in was the NYC IMAX on 68th, a majority seemed to like it as it got a big applause at the end.

Welcome to the minority! I enjoyed it for basically the same reasons.

As an aside, it bother anyone else when folks show up to a Spiderman premier in Batman and Superman shirts? I mean are these guys even trying? The pretend comic fan really annoys me sometimes. I would never go to Man of Steel 2 premier in a Captain America shirt.

Probably cut from the same cloth as someone who goes to a Cowboys/Redskins game and wears a Buccs jersey lol.

Why does that bother you?

hm

As an aside, it bother anyone else when folks show up to a Spiderman premier in Batman and Superman shirts? I mean are these guys even trying? The pretend comic fan really annoys me sometimes. I would never go to Man of Steel 2 premier in a Captain America shirt.

Probably cut from the same cloth as someone who goes to a Cowboys/Redskins game and wears a Buccs jersey lol.

It's a long standing rule that you shouldn't show up to a concert wearing that band's shirt. It's just not cool. Sounds like that philosophy has now crossed over to movie premieres.

Saw it last night and wasn't impressed. Liked the first one a little better. We got asm 2 special edition 3d glasses that look like spidey eyes that were fun.

How did Peters parents do all that work to Roosevelt station? They must be master electricians, and snuck a bobcat and some concrete trucks down there in the middle of the night.... And it's not such a secret locale if you can find it with a google search. I don't think that added anything to the story, and I found the Parker DNA issue making the probability of Spider-man's creation that much MORE far fetched.

From a creative standpoint there is an especially interesting professional conversation to be had about this film in regard to the way franchise decisions are made based on how well the assets are working in the status quo. And about how those assets may differ between the source material and the film.

Saw it last night... I might be in minority here, but I really liked it. I didnt think it suffered from too many villains there was really only 1 for the whole movie.

But I also love the Peter Gwen relationship. 500 Days is one of my favorite movies so as much as I love the action I also love the awkward romance part of it as well.

The theater I saw it in was the NYC IMAX on 68th, a majority seemed to like it as it got a big applause at the end.

hm

I expect people who attend the premier of a movie to be a little more educated on the subject matter so I expect a little more from them than the common movie goer. Batman and Superman shirt guy look like clueless insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, in fact, they should be ejected from the theatre on stupidity alone.

Same goes for when I go to the next Star Wars premier in 2015, anybody dressed up as Spock should be taken directly to a holding area until the movie is over.

I saw it last night. 10pm showing. One of my LCS' had a promotion with a local Regal that included a food item / beverage (including beer) from the LCS, a ride to the movie, movie ticket w/ front of the line access, ride back to the LCS. They gave all that participated a full size movie poster, a copy of the new ASM#1 comic, an ASM2 Movie TShirt and they raffled off a few ASM #1 variants. I ended up winning the Skottie Young cover and my gf got the JSC one. All in all, it was a great event. (They are doing the same for GotG and I will be the first to sign up for that!)

I'm in the middle on the movie: I liked some of it and hated others.

The way they showed GS' death was unexpected. I figured it would be an offscreen scenario in which Peter reacts on screen to witnessing. The crowd reacted very differently - some shocked sounds, some appalled, one ahole laughed.

Also wasn't a fan of 100% of the story that involved Peter's parents. or him creepin hardcore on GS.

hm

If this bothers someone I can't imagine what really sets them off.

Stuff like that bothered me when I was younger because these people looked like posers but as I get older, I don't care.

If I wear a Surfer shirt to a Spidey movie does that make me a poser?

No, mainly because I don't give a poop what I wear. I might be wearing the T-shirt I slept in that night because I'm too lazy to change it. lol

:devil:

So you're only a comic fan if you wear a spider-man shirt to the spider-man movie? Guess comic fans can't show they like anything else in the genre.

hm

If this bothers someone I can't imagine what really sets them off.

I guess some people are more accepting of stupidity than I am. You guys must cheer for people when they drive right at the speed limit in the far left lane on the highway. =)

So you're only a comic fan if you wear a spider-man shirt to the spider-man movie? Guess comic fans can't show they like anything else in the genre.

As I said, it's a premier. I expect more from that crowd, you don't, different opinion, it's cool.

Stuff like that bothered me when I was younger because these people looked like posers but as I get older, I don't care.

If I wear a Surfer shirt to a Spidey movie does that make me a poser?

No, mainly because I don't give a poop what I wear. I might be wearing the T-shirt I slept in that night because I'm too lazy to change it. lol

:devil:

Well at least Surfer is a Marvel character. =)

I guess some people are more accepting of stupidity than I am. You guys must cheer for people when they drive right at the speed limit in the far left lane on the highway. =)

Welcome to Southern California!

Land of slow drivers.

Basically is seems this movie is going to a 50/50 split on the reviews.

Seems this movie is a filler movie till the real villains are introduced in the upcoming films. Sinister 6 or Venom spinoffs.

Seems this movie is a filler movie till the real villains are introduced in the upcoming films. Sinister 6 or Venom spinoffs.

$425MM spent on "filler" doh!

$425MM spent on "filler" doh!

Billions spent on a pretend almost filler war. (shrug)

First half was more boring than Man of Steel. Then it kinda got better...kinda.

Awful -script, not sure who they targeted the movie for...

But Dane Dehaan was awesome and the last 30min were cool.

I just came back from watching it myself and this about sums it up. This felt like Sony's Iron Man 2 or Man Of Steel where they wanted to bring in a lot of pieces and assemble their "universe" for upcoming films. Other than Jamie Foxx doing his best "Infamous" impression and Dane DeHaan, the film isn't really all that exciting. I wasn't a fan of the first film either but for $10 bucks I got to see Spidey web-sling and fight baddies so it wasn't all bad.

He is from Allentown, PA. (Philly suburb). ^^

Something else in the comic book world was important with that city as well. hm

Me, I am also from Allentown, PA :)

Both my parents were born and raised in Allentown, PA. I lived there for a short while when I was a kid.