• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

First half was more boring than Man of Steel. Then it kinda got better...kinda.

Awful -script, not sure who they targeted the movie for...

But Dane Dehaan was awesome and the last 30min were cool.

I just came back from watching it myself and this about sums it up. This felt like Sony's Iron Man 2 or Man Of Steel where they wanted to bring in a lot of pieces and assemble their "universe" for upcoming films. Other than Jamie Foxx doing his best "Infamous" impression and Dane DeHaan, the film isn't really all that exciting. I wasn't a fan of the first film either but for $10 bucks I got to see Spidey web-sling and fight baddies so it wasn't all bad.

He is from Allentown, PA. (Philly suburb). ^^

Something else in the comic book world was important with that city as well. hm

Me, I am also from Allentown, PA :)

Most of my family is from Allentown.

Beat me to it. :grin:

I will predict this will be the lowest performing Spider-Man movie at the box office.

It will do gangbusters the first two weeks, then it will face stiff competition from Godzilla, and the new X-Men movie.

With that being said I am headed out now to go see this. Yes, a morning showing because I am a huge Spider-Man fan and can`t wait for this.

I am hoping the bad reviews are way off! :wishluck:

I think you just demonstrated what could happen here. You're betting against the movie doing well, and make good points about how other pending movies will detract from additional revenue very soon. But you bought a ticket anyway.

Spider-Man seems to bring it out of people wanting to see him live in action. Even the dog Spider-Man 3 was a huge success, and would have been an even bigger financial success if not for the fact it had the largest budget of the three by $58 MM.

I have a feeling this movie may surprise us how well it does financially. Or maybe not. At least we have the pleasure of sitting back and watching versus Sony executives that have their careers on the line, and have to consider if they made the right decisions.

It did surprise me of being good. I had no high expectations, but I dare say this was the best live action Spider-Man movie I have seen.

:fear:

It did surprise me of being good. I had no high expectations, but I dare say this was the best live action Spider-Man movie I have seen.

:o

And your weekend results estimate?

:o

And your weekend results estimate?

over 100 million!

I think the trailers though are going to cost the movie some box office.

They should have focused way more on the Green Goblin then Electro in the trailers.

That`s all I am saying because I don`t won`t to give away any spoilers.

Damn, what happened?

I don't want to type that out again, but we're off this week, and the in-laws recently ran a theater ad (so we have a stack of freebees) but even so I felt ripped off and would not recommend it at all.

Saw it last night... I might be in minority here, but I really liked it. I didnt think it suffered from too many villains there was really only 1 for the whole movie.

But I also love the Peter Gwen relationship. 500 Days is one of my favorite movies so as much as I love the action I also love the awkward romance part of it as well.

The theater I saw it in was the NYC IMAX on 68th, a majority seemed to like it as it got a big applause at the end.

Welcome to the minority! I enjoyed it for basically the same reasons.

As an aside, it bother anyone else when folks show up to a Spiderman premier in Batman and Superman shirts? I mean are these guys even trying? The pretend comic fan really annoys me sometimes. I would never go to Man of Steel 2 premier in a Captain America shirt.

Probably cut from the same cloth as someone who goes to a Cowboys/Redskins game and wears a Buccs jersey lol.

Why does that bother you?

hm

If this bothers someone I can't imagine what really sets them off.

I guess some people are more accepting of stupidity than I am. You guys must cheer for people when they drive right at the speed limit in the far left lane on the highway. =)

There is tee-shirt etiquette for movie attendance?

Who knew? meh

So if I wear the shirt on the left I'm a poser, but if I wear the shirt on the right I'm good?

shirts.jpg

Got it.

:screwy:

Peace,

Chip

If you take the time to lay your t-shirts out to take a photo and still pick a DC shirt to wear to a Marvel movie, well, (shrug)

Doesn't make you a poser, but I don't get it.

I think there are a few things going against it. 1) Really nice weather (in the north east at least) will have people wanting to go out and be outside, not necessarily sitting in a movie theater. 2) It's the Kentucky derby on Saturday so people are going to be going to Derby parties. 3) The reviews are trashing it (worst reviews of any Spider-Man movie)

Few things going in favor of it. 1) its Spider-man (Nuff said) 2) $100 million+ Advertising/Marketing Budget 3) Nothing else in the theater to see. 4) People are loving comic book movies and this is the first Popcorn Blockbuster of the season

I won't be surprised if the movie cracks $95 million opening weekend. However I will be surprised if domestic total is over $300 million. I have a feeling there will be a very few repeat viewers, which is how they get the insane totals.

I've never been to one of these? does everyone wear a fancy hat?

If you take the time to lay your t-shirts out to take a photo and still pick a DC shirt to wear to a Marvel movie, well, (shrug)

Doesn't make you a poser, but I don't get it.

It's comics. What's not to get there? I'm a fan of pretty much everything, and I'll wear a comic book shirt to a comic book movie if I want to...regardless of it matching the subject matter or not.

Sheesh.

Peace,

Chip

Save your money guys - I went on freebee tickets (family is doing to ads on the theaters and we got lots of graft) and this is a steaming turd.

I saw people complaining about ASM's Garfield looking like a "twitchy meth addict", and OMG does that really come out in ASM2. He looks emaciated, his face now seems almost triangular, and he's twitchy like a heroin addict after a day in rehab.

Welp the missus and I are comic fans and we seldom get out with the little one demanding nearly all our attention...so we're going to see it anyway and grab some grub afterward for a little date night. :)

I don't doubt you, though (since I've seen all the trailers and have rolled my eyes at most of what I've seen)...I'll just turn off my brain for a few hours and watch it. :)

Peace,

Chip

I hated the first film, and was on the fence about seeing this one in the theater. My brother saw it last night and based on what he told me I'll be waiting for it to show up at Redbox so I waste a minimum amount of money while facepalming.

Save your money guys - I went on freebee tickets (family is doing to ads on the theaters and we got lots of graft) and this is a steaming turd.

I saw people complaining about ASM's Garfield looking like a "twitchy meth addict", and OMG does that really come out in ASM2. He looks emaciated, his face now seems almost triangular, and he's twitchy like a heroin addict after a day in rehab.

sounds like you went with some of the board members here

The film was alright. I probably could have waited until its release on On Demand or blu ray. I'm looking forward to Godzilla with more anticipation.

And I agree with earlier statements concerning Peter's attitude towards his Aunt and Uncle. In both versions they felt it necessary for Peter to argue with Uncle Ben prior to his pivotal death. Isn't the loss of a loved one enough? Does guilt have to play a factor? Guilt over letting his uncle's eventual killer go should be enough, I think. Peter yelling at Uncle Ben just felt wrong both times. :preach:

And...

...I thought the "Itsy, bitsy spider" gag was lame. At least they didn't "play" every note. Why am I wrapping this in a spoiler? I don't know.

We just got home from a nice night out. The movie wasn't horrible and was better than the first one, but I certainly wouldn't put it in the top 10 of comic movies or even Marvel movies for that matter. I laughed a few times, loved Spidey swinging around and enjoyed a few more of the visuals...but for the most part it seemed to move very slowly and the big 'event' at the end is something all comic book fans already know about. Between that and us seeing one of my exes at the restaurant afterward (bothered her much more than me) made it just a "nice" night and not an "amazing" one. :)

Peace,

Chip

Between that and us seeing one of my exes at the restaurant afterward (bothered her much more than me) made it just a "nice" night and not an "amazing" one. :)

Does she always get that mad when she sees her sister out?

I kid. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Just got back from seeing it with my wife.

1) I should have taken Joe Collectors advice and saved my money.

2) I almost fell asleep. Starting about the middle of the movie, all I could think about was, "I can't wait until this thing is over".

3) Is every villain someone that our hero knew before they became a villain?

4) What happens in a mall when someone shots off a couple of gun shots? Everyone scatters and/or hides. What happens in a Marvel movie when a super powered villain starts shooting at cops, or throwing mighty electrical shots at cops and buildings? They gather behind barricades and watch. With their kids.

5) What is the first thing cops do (apparently), when they show up to battle a super villain? They erect barricades so that the masses know where to stand to watch the battle. Cops must have very big trunks to store those metal barricades, in those cop cars.

5) OMG. This movie stinks.

Sony just wants a cash cow and after these reviews I'm out...

Sad thing is I'm sure 90% of the people here will go and see this. And that is just what the greedy corporation wants. They don't care if you like it or not they got their money from you.

I can wait. Hell there are some comic movies that got bad reviews that I still haven't seen. Greed will keep churning these sub par flicks out as long as people keep watching them in droves. Want proof? How about the 70's planet of the ape sequels.

I boycott this slop! I learned this in the 90's when Batman turned super corny.

I got better things to do than feed their block buster schemes.

Get ready for Arnold Mr. Freeze next!