• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is this board mainly full of high end collectors?

184 posts in this topic

I am trying to get a sense of the environment here. I could be wrong but it seem like most of the people here are really high end collectors and I feel really out of my element.

I have not collected in years and to be honest back when I collected I just would pick up anything that I thought had a good story or artwork. I am wanting to get back into collecting again but I have a very limited budget and if this truly is a high end collectors board I would not really want to waste your time because I really do not have the money to be a high end collector.

I would like to gain some real knowledge about this hobby and become a real collector instead of a guy that just walks around buying comics. With my budget issues really high end collecting is most likely out for the time being butWhere are the best sites or books I can pick up to get a general idea about really collecting and would you guys even want me to stick around because I really do not want to get in anyone's way.

Dude, I don't even have a comic collection, and I'm one of the greatest boardies of all time.

tumblr_llqp4hTZvI1qdl8ux.gif

Whatever happened to that Cal-El dude?

CAL would have eaten you for breakfast.

You two should get a room.

Isn't it refreshing to see a noob start a thread to determine how he or she can fit in and/or contribute to the boards, as opposed to starting a thread to tell us how we're doing everything wrong, and how we deter other noobs from posting because of our audaciousness?

I am trying to get a sense of the environment here. I could be wrong but it seem like most of the people here are really high end collectors and I feel really out of my element.

I have not collected in years and to be honest back when I collected I just would pick up anything that I thought had a good story or artwork. I am wanting to get back into collecting again but I have a very limited budget and if this truly is a high end collectors board I would not really want to waste your time because I really do not have the money to be a high end collector.

I would like to gain some real knowledge about this hobby and become a real collector instead of a guy that just walks around buying comics. With my budget issues really high end collecting is most likely out for the time being butWhere are the best sites or books I can pick up to get a general idea about really collecting and would you guys even want me to stick around because I really do not want to get in anyone's way.

Dude, I don't even have a comic collection, and I'm one of the greatest boardies of all time.

Legend in his own brine.

I guess that's sorta clever. Bumper sticker? Or just part of Roy's canned reserves?

Isn't it refreshing to see a noob start a thread to determine how he or she can fit in and/or contribute to the boards, as opposed to starting a thread to tell us how we're doing everything wrong, and how we deter other noobs from posting because of our audaciousness?

It certainly is a breath of fresh air.

Yes, he's got a lot of potential.

Legend in his own brine.

I guess that's sorta clever. Bumper sticker? Or just part of Roy's canned reserves?

All me, baby.

Legend in his own brine.

All me, baby.

I find myself having to use that phrase a lot to quell the shock and awe.

Legend in his own brine.

All me, baby.

I find myself having to use that phrase a lot to quell the shock and awe.

'Just the tip of the iceberg' might work too.

I would like to gain some real knowledge about this hobby and become a real collector instead of a guy that just walks around buying comics. With my budget issues really high end collecting is most likely out for the time being but

Where are the best sites or books I can pick up to get a general idea about really collecting and would you guys even want me to stick around because I really do not want to get in anyone's way.

Dude, the most I've ever spent on a book was $240 and it wasn't a key SA or anything. I buy what I like and for the most part its htf books in good condition at $10-$20. I've met a lot of good guys on here and I've asked some pretty dumb questions. They haven't told me to off yet, so I think you're safe.

Gunnz

Yes, there are high end collectors here, and they'll put your collection to shame. The good news is that their scraps are sometimes really fabulous stuff. I collect runs of mid-grade Silver, and I love picking up the bright, mid-grade beauties that are below their notice for dirt cheap.

The boardies know their stuff, so it's a great place to learn. The only thing you want to avoid are the flippers who froth at the mouth whenever a movie rumor hits. Don't follow the pack from behind, stay true to your focus.

Yes, there are high end collectors here, and they'll put your collection to shame. The good news is that their scraps are sometimes really fabulous stuff. I collect runs of mid-grade Silver, and I love picking up the bright, mid-grade beauties that are below their notice for dirt cheap.

The boardies know their stuff, so it's a great place to learn. The only thing you want to avoid are the flippers who froth at the mouth whenever a movie rumor hits. Don't follow the pack from behind, stay true to your focus.

:preach:

Flip the 4 letter word for so many. I wonder if they think dealers are flippers? hm

No of course not, they are good upstanding people..unlike those freakin flipper (foaming at the mouth)

I guess I'm a flipper. I'm not really into selling books for same or less than I bought it.

I guess I'm a flipper. I'm not really into selling books for same or less than I bought it.

Kav, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

Kav, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

Finally.

I'll join you. I'm here to learn.

Finally.

I'll join you. I'm here to learn.

Stop making me laugh.... lollol your ruining my cool calm and detatched persona (: