• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83

390 posts in this topic

Now if we could get a comment from them about the rudeness of their phone reps.....

I call more than I should for status and everyone has always been helpful and nice.

Time to look in the mirror?

I have never called them. I was merely repeating what another boardie relayed. You know what they say about assuming.

Of course there is undetected resto out there waiting to be discovered. There are also doubtlessly books with restored labels that could come back as blue labels if resubbed. The most surprising thing to me is that so many people are surprised that CGC make mistakes.

+1

Quadruple tap!

I'm convinced Kav has been here longer than just a few months.

Why because I know how to read old threads???? If I read the Bible, does that mean I've been here for thousands of years????

Quadruple tap!

Why because I know how to read old threads???? If I read the Bible, does that mean I've been here for thousands of years????

It's an interesting thread to find.

lol

Maybe Kav is short for Moses? hm

Quadruple tap!

It's an interesting thread to find.

lol

Maybe Kav is short for Moses? hm

The thread where the boardie was complaining about rude phone reps? It was on page 1 of CG about 3-4 weeks ago if memory serves. Wait-I think it's the actual 'I've lost All Confidence' thread where that was mentioned...

Roy vs Kav :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I'm throwing in the towel early on this one.

As far as my interaction with people from CGC goes both over the phone and in person at shows, I have nothing but good things to say. If you ever want to see some of the nonsense that they deal with take a step back and people watch for ten minutes. You will gain a new appreciation for how calm they keep with certain people.

Dang why didn't people jump all over dude for saying they were rude now I feel bad I believed him.

As far as my interaction with people from CGC goes both over the phone and in person at shows, I have nothing but good things to say. If you ever want to see some of the nonsense that they deal with take a step back and people watch for ten minutes. You will gain a new appreciation for how calm they keep with certain people.

I agree every time I contact CGC their customer service reps are incredibly helpful.

Roy vs Kav :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Awww Kav, I was looking forward to the show.

I agree every time I contact CGC their customer service reps are incredibly helpful.

Dang dude I got in 3 brawls yesterday-that wasn't enough???

Dang dude I got in 3 brawls yesterday-that wasn't enough???

I missed those. Please start some new ones and PM me links.

I've called CGC several times and never had anyone be rude.

Kav, get your facts straight and not repeat what you read.

True and also if someone says something incorrect like this call them on it so I won't quote them later. If no one here calls BS then I think it must be true cause you guys rarely let BS slide.

Why doesn't CGC keep a database of scans of all books they slab, available to the public? We could see how many books out there take up 4-6 slots on the registry. At the very least they could do it for all high end books, I don't see how a company that makes money on giving collectors "peace of mind" wouldn't be transparent with all information they have.

People have stolen images for rare books before and used them. It is common practice for the scammers on ebay.

Not an expert, but couldn't they put a see through CGC logo over the image to prevent scammers from using. Something like CGC FILE IMAGE over the scan. Then people would know the seller isn't using their own image.

Yep, it's a watermark.

With all the keen eyes on these boards CGC could use a FREE resource (multitude of board members with free time on their hands and yes I am looking at you KAV) to clean up the census numbers. Start at the high value comics and work their way down. Did I mention that CGC could be utilizing a FREE resource to help them complete this task? This is a no brainer IMHO and a win for CGC and win for customers who want to know exactly how many copies of a certain comic are actually out there. Is this logistically impossible? Is there a down side that I am not seeing?