• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

And the reason that ASM #365 sold so many copies was.........hologram cover! lol

Andrew Pepoy told me that the artists that did the holograms that went on the covers got commissions based on the sales of the books. He said his check was huge for the time and that one of the guys (Bagley?) put a downpayment on a house with the royalty from the 365 hologram.

And the reason that ASM #365 sold so many copies was.........hologram cover! lol

Andrew Pepoy told me that the artists that did the holograms that went on the covers got commissions based on the sales of the books. He said his check was huge for the time and that one of the guys (Bagley?) put a downpayment on a house with the royalty from the 365 hologram.

Was that a misspelling, or is this the guy from Oingo-Boingo? hm

https://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+pepoy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

https://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+pepoy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

(thumbs u lol

Andy Prieboy

i have one, and i have noticed on ebay prices on raw copies are going all the way up to $25 to 50 bucks. thats good for people who already have them, might not be so good for people searching for them. I do think that now would be an excellent time to get a graded copy.

I watched a raw sell at C2E2 for $90... I was in shock.

Jim

:o Wow that's crazy!

I went from booth to booth looking to pick up copies and a few of the dealers threw out $90 at me. I haggled and got about 4-5 copies in VF-VF+ for about $35/40 ea. Watch out for the copies with the "printer defect" small tears at the bottom. And yes, the book continues to rise even as the weeks go by.

What kind of grade drop will these tears cause? If a book looks like it would otherwise grade 9.8 but has these tears, what will it grade?

Jim

I went from booth to booth looking to pick up copies and a few of the dealers threw out $90 at me. I haggled and got about 4-5 copies in VF-VF+ for about $35/40 ea. Watch out for the copies with the "printer defect" small tears at the bottom. And yes, the book continues to rise even as the weeks go by.

What kind of grade drop will these tears cause? If a book looks like it would otherwise grade 9.8 but has these tears, what will it grade?

No grade drop. It's considered a manufacturing defect. 9.8's have them. I believe they are called gripper holes.

-J.

Jim

They don't drop the grade. Look up graded 9.8s on eBay, you can find several copies with several tears along the bottom edge.

Jim

They don't drop the grade. Look up graded 9.8s on eBay, you can find several copies with several tears along the bottom edge.

I can confirm this. My friend got 3x 9.8s back that all had this.

Jim

I can confirm this. My friend got 3x 9.8s back that all had this.

Me too. Have had several 9.8's, and they all had at least a small cut in the red part of the bottom edge. Now a 9.9? hm

Is anyone talking about the 2nd printing yet? I see the gap is closing between the 1st and 2nd printing. CGC 9.8 1st printing = $225 & CGC 9.8 2nd printing = $173. hm

The 90 day average is literally 6 dollars behind the other.

The same thing happened for awhile with the asm 300 chromium reprint. For awhile that was actually "more" valuable than the first printing. Now it's not close. The second printing of asm 361 isn't a scarce comic at all. I fully expect the first printing to pull away from the second printing sooner rather than later for good, as happened with 300. Pretty much everybody wants the first printing of the first appearance of a major character, whereas "second printings" are a bit more of a niche sub-market with a smaller collector base.

-J.