• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

barbara-kean-on-gotham.jpeg

Barbara Kean is beautiful. Thought she was going to be Gordon wife. Seem like Joker & Barbara will play key villain in season 2. If not Suicide Squad movie, this girl look like she can act like Harley Quinn.

Edited by SpideyFans

Could Barbara Kean Become The Joker on Gotham?

Heller, in the past, has said "we will scratch the surface" of the Joker's story. He then said specifically of Monaghan's character Jerome, "He may or may not be The Joker. It's a long game we're playing here." His biggest hint, however, may have been one of his earliest. Right after that comedian appeared, Heller said, "The Joker didn't think of his shtick all by himself. There must have been someone before who The Joker saw and thought, 'Oh, that's a good shtick. I could work with that and make it better.'"

Finally, at Comic-Con International: San Diego this past July, this little gem from Heller and fellow EP Danny Cannon came out when they were talking about Jerome.

"We got a little bit of a tease of the Joker last season, so what’s his presence going to be like this season?

Cannon: Well, he’s in Arkham—if that is in fact the Joker. He’s in Arkham, and Barbara Kean is put in the same wing as his in Arkham, which is for the worst of the worst. And an event happens, which allows him be involved the next few episodes.

Heller: He gets to fulfill his destiny in a very grand way."

Put those last two parts together and what do you get? The first real hint that Gotham could do something crazy (and crazy awesome): make Barbara Kean into that world's Joker.

hm

Won Season 1 on Blu Ray from the local radio by being the first person to call in and answer what villain Harvey Dent becomes. Finally get to watch this past the first few episodes :banana:

I'm going through it on Netflix right now...... I'm liking it more the second go-round. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Won Season 1 on Blu Ray from the local radio by being the first person to call in and answer what villain Harvey Dent becomes. Finally get to watch this past the first few episodes :banana:

I'm going through it on Netflix right now...... I'm liking it more the second go-round. GOD BLESS....

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It is set in modern times but they managed a real period feel. Looking forward to S2.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It is set in modern times but they managed a real period feel. Looking forward to S2.

.... I'm trying to make up my mind whether to catch it weekly or hold off and binge watch the whole season next year. Its kind of like waiting for the Trade..... GOD BLESS....

.... I'm trying to make up my mind whether to catch it weekly or hold off and binge watch the whole season next year. Its kind of like waiting for the Trade..... GOD BLESS....

Well if you watch it weekly you can join this thread and discuss it as its shown. If you wait, you may feel compelled to avoid this thread and other internet articles to avoid spoilers. Weekly sounds more fun!

When I binge watch it is usually to catch up on a series i hadn't seen before. Then I'm quite happy watching weekly. But that's me. 2c

Well if you watch it weekly you can join this thread and discuss it as its shown. If you wait, you may feel compelled to avoid this thread and other internet articles to avoid spoilers. Weekly sounds more fun!

When I binge watch it is usually to catch up on a series i hadn't seen before. Then I'm quite happy watching weekly. But that's me. 2c

..... the binge watching has the advantage (for me...) of avoiding commercials and weekly "cliff hangers"..... those things skew the pacing...... but I can rarely avoid the weekly episode, as I have very limited will power. Usually I just do both. During the binge phase I'm able to pause and rewind :cloud9: and can catch the subtle nuances that fly by in the weekly format. GOD BLESS...

..... the binge watching has the advantage (for me...) of avoiding commercials and weekly "cliff hangers"..... those things skew the pacing...... but I can rarely avoid the weekly episode, as I have very limited will power. Usually I just do both. During the binge phase I'm able to pause and rewind :cloud9: and can catch the subtle nuances that fly by in the weekly format. GOD BLESS...

I replaced cable with a Roku 3 and Netflix/Hulu/Amazon (I have about 56 channels OTA but rarely use it except for news/weather in the AM and PBS in HD). When Hulu, this past week, announced their $11.99/month plan for commercial free I immediately switched to it. Its been great. I love their "Show Close Caption on Replay) so if I miss a subtle nuance or snippet of dialogue I just hit the replay button and it goes back about 7-10 seconds and I can wath that bit with the CC as well. So many options we have.

An extensive interview with Cory 'Edward Nygma' Smith

"Gotham's" Cory Michael Smith Teases the Riddler's Jekyll & Hyde-like Transformation

As the season closes, Nygma seems to be cracking. What's his state of mind at the beginning of this season?

When we pick up, we're picking up right at the end of Season 1 for the most part. Afterwards, we move along a couple of weeks. Jim Gordon (Benjamin McKenzie) is kind of displaced, and then we realize when we meet Ed that Ed has been spending a couple of weeks in a similar state that he was in for those final episodes, except way more distressed. He's been talking to himself. He's cracked open. He's literally cracked, and from his bruised head, what has emerged is what I like to think of as his ego and his id. These two fractions of him are battling. One is the Edward we know, and the other is the Edward who wants to be the Riddler. He certainly is not the Riddler you know.

Nygma talks to himself. He hears voices. Do you feel there is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde dynamic there?

Absolutely, there is. What the writers have done, which is so exciting, is make these two parts of him so real, but it's clearly just all in his head. As much as we'd love embracing the comic book element of the show, what's so terrifying is how clear both of these identities are. It's just this conversation with him. This person comes and goes very quickly.

It sounds like this season is going to be a big focus on The Riddler.

The Gotham Season Two Drinking Game

Take a sip when...

There's a not-at-all-subtle allusion to a character's eventual destiny.

A character says something seemingly-reasonable, smiles like they've just impressed themselves, and then kills somebody.

Harvey gives Jim great advice, which is ignored.

Jim does his angry Batman voice.

Selina outsmarts a supposedly intelligent adult. Drink twice when it's Gordon. Again.

Take two sips when...

Someone is fired from a job that we all know they will still have in a decade.

Gordon goes to The Penguin for a favor.

Harvey and/or Jim shows up JUST IN TIME to shoot the person who is about to kill his partner.

A character from the comics dies before Batman ever existed.

Finish your drink when...

The person who was fired above is re-hired within the same episode.

Gordon goes to Wayne Manor to announce he's giving up on finding the Wayne murderer, then changes his mind by the time he leaves.

There is an attack or hostage situation inside the Gotham Police Department.

Take a shot when...

You have no idea whether or not a character is supposed to be a particular villain from the comics.

Alfred allows Bruce to do something entirely age-inappropriate.

Someone is killed and it's never brought up again, with no indication the body is ever reported.

Of course, they are referring to prune juice. So be prepared. Be very prepared!

I caved. I'm watching it now. Really liking the Alfred element, as I never bought into Bruce as the kid turned self taught crimefighter. This show is a favorite. GOD BLESS...

Could Barbara Kean Become The Joker on Gotham?

Heller, in the past, has said "we will scratch the surface" of the Joker's story. He then said specifically of Monaghan's character Jerome, "He may or may not be The Joker. It's a long game we're playing here." His biggest hint, however, may have been one of his earliest. Right after that comedian appeared, Heller said, "The Joker didn't think of his shtick all by himself. There must have been someone before who The Joker saw and thought, 'Oh, that's a good shtick. I could work with that and make it better.'"

Finally, at Comic-Con International: San Diego this past July, this little gem from Heller and fellow EP Danny Cannon came out when they were talking about Jerome.

"We got a little bit of a tease of the Joker last season, so what’s his presence going to be like this season?

Cannon: Well, he’s in Arkham—if that is in fact the Joker. He’s in Arkham, and Barbara Kean is put in the same wing as his in Arkham, which is for the worst of the worst. And an event happens, which allows him be involved the next few episodes.

Heller: He gets to fulfill his destiny in a very grand way."

Put those last two parts together and what do you get? The first real hint that Gotham could do something crazy (and crazy awesome): make Barbara Kean into that world's Joker.

hm

hm

I caved. I'm watching it now. Really liking the Alfred element, as I never bought into Bruce as the kid turned self taught crimefighter. This show is a favorite. GOD BLESS...

I didn't get a chance to watch the season opener last night. Was it worth the wait?

Gotham is really about the development of the villains, which is why I tune in.
That's one of the things I have a problem not thinking about while watching. In the Gothamverse many of the villains are Jim Gordon's generation. Will be much older by the time Batman gets around to kicking their azz.